Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

April 9th, 2020 06:00

Dell XPS 15 Oled banding issue

I've got a dell xps 15 7590 oled version in September 2019. Less than a year and i got vertical banding (had the laptop for 8 months) 

For those of you who are interested in their oled panel, you should know that there is a high chance of your display getting vertical banding. This is because the fan exerts the SOME WHAT HOT air out towards the display and thus creating uneven display brightness. This cant be avoided unless your laptop doesn't use the fan as much, by then whats the point of buying a high spec laptop when you cant take advantage of the hardware. 

If your thinking of getting an oled panel, yes you'll get an amazing display, but if your fan runs fairly high speed then you will get vertical banding. THE SALES TEAM WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT EVEN IF YOU ASK ABOUT IT and you will not get a replacement.

They will however give you a refund if you are eligible for it.

Their entire line up for 4k this year is oled, but there 1 or 2 4k IPS panel option. 

Don't waste your money on oled. 

My xps current vertical banding 

20200404_191053.jpg

8 Posts

September 7th, 2020 05:00

I have Dell XPS 9370 and the same problem occurred. unfortunately, it is beyond the warranty period.

No Events found!