Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2018 09:00

XPS 13 9350, Touchscreen and USB driver

Recently I turned my Dell XPS 9350 laptop off, and I don't do this often so an update may have installed. Since (I think) the touchscreen has stopped working. More inconveniently however the USB ports have also stopped working. They still show up in the device manager but they have the yellow warning triangle and as far as I can tell, have no driver. The automatic function of searching for a new driver does not work and I do not have the knowledge to search for one.

Presuming this is the issue, thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 26th, 2018 11:00

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system....

Power off system. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter and then wait about 15 minutes. Replace, AC adapter, power on system. Hopefully touch screen is working again.

If that doesn't work:

I'd suggest using the System Restore tool on the computer to go back to an earlier time before the touch screen stop working. Type Create A Restore Point onto [Cortana] search box, select System Restore. 

How To Use System Restore (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)

2 Posts

February 27th, 2018 03:00

This fixed it, thanks. 

When I explored the settings before the restore I found that my system was no longer recognised as touch compatible, no idea what I updated or downloaded that was incorrect and a little concerned it will happen again but I will try and rule things out as I go.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 27th, 2018 06:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 27th, 2018 06:00

Good to know the touch screen is up and running again. I find it best to create system images of windows 10 and back it to an external portable hard drive. This way, you could troubleshoot any problems much safer, save you a lot of money and headaches. You can use the free tool to back up window 10, see links below:

Back up and restore your files - support.microsoft.com

How To Create a System Image Backup in Windows 10:

https://youtu.be/GFu-F8JAyzU

No Events found!