Highlighted

Dell XPS 9365 2-in-1 Num Lock/Alt codes

Hello, 

I have been trying to find  way to utilize alt codes on this computer ever since I got it a year ago. The keyboard does not have a keypad, and I do not know where to find or turn on Num lock so I can use the integrated keyboard (i.e. use jkl = 123 etc.). I've tried looking into the BIOS but I haven't been able to fix anything. Since I write a lot, I basically just want to be able to insert symbols by pressing (alt + keycode) instead of having to go through the whole "insert special characters" process and scrolling through all of them. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell XPS 9365 2-in-1 Num Lock/Alt codes

In my experience, systems that had a numeric keypad supported by the normal keyboard would designate certain keys to do that.  Since the 9365 has no such keys, the option is to use the numeric keys instead..

I do not know if there are external keypads available for this system but you might check if you need that capability..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos