Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

September 13th, 2019 13:00

Dell XPS 9550 Blue Screen

Hello, A year ago I bought a Dell XPS 15 9950, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD, Intel R HD Graphics 530, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M. Recently I have noticed that I give blue-screen saying Critical Process died or Unexpected Storage Exception. The bluescreen appears mostly when it is on battery, and mostly below 50%. It occurred once while it was charing too. I have looked the problem up and people suggested to change the SSD. But I am not sure where the problem is exactly? RAM or the SSD. Please let me know how to solve the issue.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

September 13th, 2019 14:00

This might help with a number of suggestions. And being a storage issue would seem to make it an HDD or SSD problem and not RAM.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/unexpected-store-exception-windows/

105 Posts

September 15th, 2019 00:00

1. This situation is caused by a problem with the battery and unstable power supply.
2, remove the battery, directly with an external power supply, everything is normal, the computer does not have any problems.
3. At the same time, it is also judged that there is a problem with the battery.
4. Replace the battery.

380 Posts

September 15th, 2019 02:00

That is the same system I have. The XPS systems have been notorious for battery issues, starting with the 9550. To determine the state of your battery, copy and paste this command into a CMD Prompt window and run it.

powercfg  /batteryreport  /output  %USERPROFILE%\Downloads\BatteryRpt.html

It will create a report in your Downloads folder that you can open with your browser.

JohnD

October 2nd, 2021 07:00

Same issue here, I was going back and forth with different BIOS version, AHCI and nvme drivers, tried everything. This summer It was so hot, so I took the 30 mins to regrease my CPU and GPU and clean the vents. I used kryonaut instead of the 2mm thick chunk of whatever junk that was there before.

I was angry that I didn't do it right after buying it. Idle temps dropped by 15-20 °C, the notebook runs with fans off and below 44 °C under regular browsing/office loads. BUT the bsods under battery suddenly stopped. It is going to be due to the unholy marriage of Windows and DELL and their power management policies.

So REGREASE your chips with some quality stuff (I also polished it a bit), and it might solve your problem!

No Events found!