Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

January 14th, 2020 04:00

Dell XPS 9560 - Blinking LED error codes

Hello,

My XPS 9560 does not switch on battery power - No LED´s are ON, only white LED from power supply
When AC power is connected Power ON button LED is on, when pressing I only hear that Fans are starting for a couple of seconds, screen remains black, no Dell logo. I can see that front LED is permanently blinking in amber.

Ok, I thought battery is empty. I disconnected the battery incl. AC power, pressed Power ON button for 30 sec to release static charge. Afterwards I connected AC power and tried to power it up, but same thing, only fans are on for a couple of seconds and without battery front LED this time blinks 1x white 2x amber --> CPU Failiure

I am confused now about the blinking codes --> Which blinking code is now correct empty battery or CPU failure

I read somewhere that diagnostic codes always have priority against battery codes

Can a 9560 even boot when battery is complety empty (measured voltage of batttery is 0,4V) ?

Thanks for inputs

Max

• 

25K Posts

January 14th, 2020 22:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

1 Message

October 8th, 2020 13:00

Hey guys,

Yeeehaw! I have the same laptop and i'm having similar problems after cleaning my fans and re-applying thermal paste.

Unlike OP, I actually took the 5 minutes the research the stop code / pretty colors blinking light code (mutters *silly millennial expressions ) and its telling me it is a RAM FAILURE.

Now, I didn't touch the ram. *start yelling here*. "WHY GOD WHY ME?" Not my $3000 with a GTX 1050 gaming that I do not even have time to play games and I'm still stuck on the level in Bioshock 2 with the big daddy... ANYWAY,  not like this!

This is where I am stuck. Dell support, i needz yOuR HeLp pLeAzE. O.K?

Crucial detail: There was too much thermal paste applied from the last time I open for cleaning. There is a small thermal paste outside the CPU die and cotton residue... I don't know how fragile this laptop is to applying too much thermal paste and cleaning with cotton swabs and paper towels that leave behind pieces of cotton if you are not careful to not rub in too much. *sigh* I feel frustrated that it is not turning n and giving me a MEMORY FAILURE...

Tip to anybody cleaning -- Don't put the case screws back in until the problem is fixed and you can take out the heat sink/thermal unit without taking out the fans. I learned this the hard way.

@max456  (A.K.A kiddo)  @number2 @member3

No Events found!