wizdum
1 Copper

Dell XPS 9575 slow charging error with default charging adap

Hello,

I am getting a slow charging error on my dell xps 9575. I am using the default charger it came with, which is a usb c type charger with 130 watt adapter, voltage is 20v/5v. Any thoughts, idk how to fix this 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
samos1111
3 Silver

Re: Dell XPS 9575 slow charging error with default charging

Not many alternatives with the 9575. The 130W charger is above the USB-C PD standard, so you can only try another Dell charger or WD15/TB16 dock if at hand, or cleaning usb connector contacts (mind this is probably due to failed power negotiation). I'd get in touch with a more direct form of Dell support. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Megich
1 Nickel

Re: Dell XPS 9575 slow charging error with default charging adap

Hi guys! I'm having the same issue. Any updates on this? But I have to mention that in BIOS the system identifies the charger correctly (130W), as well as it does it for Apple 61W charger. So the issue seems to be in Windows software only. The charging of 130W charger goes at the rate of around 35000mW, which looks to be fine (or not? Sorry, I'm not really a tech guy) Also, after the reboot Windows doesn't show any "slow charging" errors at all. It starts showing it only if I re-plug the charging cable. Hope that helps! Anyway, this Windows notification is quite irritating, so I would really like to have it fixed!
0 Kudos

Megich,

Click the link to update the bios on your system.

XPS 9575 Drives,Downloads and Manuals

Thank You,

Dell-Jesse L

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Megich
1 Nickel

Yeah,thanks Jesse! The latest 1.5.1 bios seems to have fixed the issue! Good work Dell!

The only thing you have to fix now is constantly breaking bluetooth connection issue! (The other thread)

0 Kudos