vickisulli
1 Copper

Dell laptop crash during video call

I have had this happen several times recently on my XPS 13 laptop bought in 2019. 

In the middle of a live Zoom call, with no warning the screen has frozen - still showing the picture, but with horizontal dashes repeated all over the screen. There is then no response to anything, including Ctl Alt Delete. The only way to resolve was to hold down the power button for ages until it switched off. When it was then switched back on it'd worked okay. However today the same thing happened a second time within a few minutes of the first time. In between times the laptop appears to be working perfectly fine. 

I don't know if the problem is related to Zoom or if it's a coincidence that this has always happened in the middle of a zoom call. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DELL-Jesse L
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell laptop crash during video call

vickisulli,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom? If not, try that and let us know if it works better.

0 Kudos
Alexander C
2 Bronze

Re: Dell laptop crash during video call

I have the same problem. My laptop crashed minimum five times a week. Finally, it totally died and I am looking to trade it in soon to get some credit towards a new one. I started using my sisters laptop to get through this week, mind you it has much more power than mine, and it crashed twice in a half hour. The error code that comes up every time is VIDEO_INTERNAL_SCHEDULING_ERROR. I don't want to buy myself a new laptop let alone buy my sister a new one.

Mine is a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Core i5 8th Generation, my sisters is Dell Inspiron 5400 2-in-1 Core i7 10th Generation.

Dell, please fix this problem.

0 Kudos