Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

December 21st, 2020 12:00

Dell xps 13 9300 battery life

Hello I have a brand new Dell XPS 13 9300 Fhd model and the battery with normal use lasts only 4-5 hours.

From dell support they said this is normal and my battery has no issues

Is this normal? Dell advertise battery lasts 14 hours and from real life reviews they said 8-10 hours

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 21st, 2020 14:00

I am sure battery will last a long time if you only use one browser tab to view emails for about 10 minutes then I would guess it will lasts for 14 hours.

To answer your question; Yes it's normal for the battery to last 4-5 hours. Please, keep in mind, battery is used up quicker when the computer is under a heavy load. 

This could happen when running heavy loading applications such as video conferencing applications like Zoom, Skype, and others.

Please check the information provided by Dell Cares in link below:

XPS 13 9300 battery life low, health is degrading quickly - Dell Community

Check out the information in link below, hopefully it will be a help to you as well.

How to Improve the Performance of a Dell Laptop Battery | Dell US

2 Posts

December 21st, 2020 22:00

Of course I don't expect to last 14 hours  but 8 hours for sure.

I use the laptop only for email (outlook) and for web browsing for my work, no video conferencing and no heavy loading applications and the screen brightness to 40%.

Anyway, thank you for your response! 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

December 22nd, 2020 01:00

It should be a battery problem. If possible, you can replace with a brand new original battery, or you can directly plug in the power adapter to use.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2022 12:00

I have had my 9300 for about a year now. I have not been able to get more than about 3-3.5 hours on battery. This is after 2 mobo replacements too. I don't know where they get the 8-10 hour spec.

No Events found!