Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

November 20th, 2019 05:00

Dell xps 15 9560 click problem

Hello to all

I have a problem with my Dell XPS 15 9560 which annoys me a lot - it’s a click when I click on the intermediate area between the keyboard and the touchpad or on the right side of the touchpad.

This is not always repeated, it should take some time to appear again, I think it is somehow connected with the battery and its fastening in the laptop.

Link to the video - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AyiiBcJXWCY6dCDpm9QMyoYcLxpBpo7o

What do you think it could be?

Thanks.

3 Posts

November 20th, 2019 06:00

Thanks a lot! I thought about it, my guarantee ends on December 23, then I think it will be possible to open and see, but I thought that there may be some external ways to establish this sound ...

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 20th, 2019 06:00

The only way you would know is to open the system and look. It could be the battery loose (not likely). The hard drive, assuming you have one, is on the right side and it may not be secure. But my guess is that the touchpad is moving slightly. Again the only way to know for sure is to have a look see. If the system is under warranty you could call Dell tech support and seek their assistance.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 21st, 2019 07:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

How long have you been having this issue? Has there been any accidental damage like the system being dropped or anything heavy kept on the notebook?

Once you hear the click does the next click happen if you open & close the lid?

Is there any alignment issue seen?  Is the touchpad raised and is there any difficulty using the touchpad & does the touchpad clicks respond well?

Have you observed any performance issue with the battery?

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if there is any error reported. 

I have requested a few details on private message. Please share the same. 

No Events found!