Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2018 19:00

Drag lock for touchpad?

Hi,
I can't find how to enable drag lock for the touchpad. I.e, I want to be able to double-tap the touchpad on a movable/dragable object, and then perform multiple drags, with the drag operation NOT terminating each time I lift my finger off. A double-tap terminates the drag operation. 

System: XPS 15 9560.

March 21st, 2019 18:00

If your touchpad allows scrolling with two fingers then it's likely it can do drag & drop. Today I learned that it's a two handed operation.  The lower left of the touchpad can be used as the left mouse button.  Use a finger on the left hand to point to an object and press in the left mouse button area. Use a finger on the right hand to move the object to its new location and release the left hand's button.

Hope this helps.

gwb

1 Message

January 7th, 2020 11:00

Thanks so much!! I've been "suffering" for weeks and finally found a useful hint that worked!! Thanks so much. (Not sure how it was turned off in the first place, though.)

March 25th, 2018 20:00

Click on your "Type here to search" bar in lower left corner and type - Touchpad settings. You will see all the options there.

40 Posts

March 27th, 2018 21:00

Yes, I had already looked there, and I cannot see any option for drag lock, for the touchpad. Can you see it? If so, I would appreciate it if you could tell me precisely how to locate it - thankyou. I've had this feature on all my previous laptops over the last 15 years or so, and will be very annoyed if it's been left out.

1 Message

February 7th, 2019 22:00

I can see that you did not get much help on this topic. Even though it is a Dell hosted page? That's not good. I found your thread because I had the same problem. Perhaps I found the solution inside "Additional mouse options". There's something called ClickLock, and I have used it for ten minutes and think it does the trick. One downside is that to stop dragging (exit the infinite drag mode), you need to tap once. Note: I have tried out the feature for ten minutes now, and unfortunately, I am not impressed.
No Events found!