Re: Extreme fan noise on XPS 9570

@Peter_ET wrote:

Thank you. 

One last thing to report is, that sometimes the fans go into some kind of state, where they just keep turning on for 3 seconds and then off for 3 seconds and repeat this until i restart the computer (computer at around 45 degrees, both with and without power connected). I would rather have they stayed on the entire time. What could be the cause?

I have a feeling this will be to modulate the temperature and fan noise trying to keep it at a constant level. 

Does this change depending on what power plan you are using?

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Peter_ET
1 Nickel

It happens both on optimized and quiet. Have not tried the other. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Peter_ET wrote:

It happens both on optimized and quiet. Have not tried the other. 

As it's happening on both of those power plans that's the thermal tables working efficiently. 

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Peter_ET
1 Nickel

Ok. Thank you for the answers. I have another problem. When I try to adjust the brightness on the F11 and F12 buttons nothing happens. I can see the bar which shows brightness going up and down, but nothing happens to the actual brightness (both on and off power). Do you know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Peter_ET
1 Nickel

Nevermind, found a fix.

0 Kudos
mkdr
2 Iron

and that FIX IS???? ... ... ...

0 Kudos

Hi @Peter_ET it's good to hear you found a fix.

@mkdr you can control the brightness and power configuration via the Power Manager application. It should already be installed on the system. To find it, click on your start button and type "Power Manager", it should find the Dell application from within the application menu.

If you need to install it, it can be downloaded here 

I hope this helps, 

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
enun_77
1 Nickel

A new BIOS was just release for the 9570. Install it and see if the fan profile is better. 

0 Kudos
AJRIver1
2 Bronze

Should the fans on the Dell XPS 9570 be running with CPU at 3%, Memory at 12%, Disk at 0% and Network at 0%?  Currently I have 1 tab of Chrome open along with a music production program called FL Studio (that is sitting idly and in which I haven't loaded any projects or used at all).  Yet the fans are running.  When they don't run (which is extremely rare) I hear a medium to high pitched mechanical sounding grinding noise

0 Kudos
MzLiliana
1 Copper

Hello! My son just received the Dell XPS 9570 bundle 2 days ago and got it up and running. The fan noise is constant as long as the laptop is on. No apps even open yet. Read through your threads to see if there's a "fix" but it doesn't sound like there's a real solution. Since we just got it, I'm going to assume that the latest of everything is installed and up to date. The noise would be very distracting in the classroom. Any more advice on this? Thanks!
0 Kudos