NicoNine
1 Nickel

Re: Extreme fan noise on XPS 9570

Ofcourse, when someone put the truth out there the Dell representatives just stops responding. 

Fix the **bleep** fan curves or give us the option to do it Dell !

@DELL-Jesse L 

0 Kudos

NicoNine,

Click the link below for information to download DPM. 

Undesired fan noises on Inspiron/XPS Notebook/Vostro Notebook/Mobile Precision/Latitude systems

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message as well as your Registered name
Email address
Phone number

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
NicoNine
1 Nickel

Think most here already have the DPM and tested Quiet mode. It don't make any change to why the fans repeatedly spin up for 5 sec and turn off at low temps. It also don't fix why fans are constantly on when you have a WD16 or TB15 dock connected when computer is idle at low temps.

The Quite mode is also not preferable since it restrict turbo/clock multipliers on the CPU. So when you want the performance it's restricted by Quiet mode. Think most ppl are ok that fans go on when you do a CPU intesive task. They just don't want fans to run when the computer is close to idel or when you just connect a docking station.

Why are my fans spinning up and off on the temps below? I have all the latest drivers and tested bios from 1.5 to 1.8.1.

When you connect a Dell WD16 the fans start spinning constantly until you disconnect the dock. PCH goes from 40C to 60C. The PCH chip is not even connected to the heatpipe so it can't be cooled by it. Why is the fans constantly on if it can't even be cooled?

Get a feeling that Dell engineers just don't care about ppl wanting a quiet environment when they work.

DellTemps.png

Highlighted
AChanth
1 Copper

I had the same issue... re-pasted the cpu and gpu and it helped cooling down temperature, but didn't reduce fan run-time during less intense usage (web-browsing, word, etc.). I went onto Dell Power Manager and selected quiet, it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't... not sure why. Furthermore, selecting Quiet mode on DPM will decrease your CPU performance while doing more demanding tasks. So I set it to optimized for everyday use, and Ultra Performance when doing heavy work and gaming. I did find setting to optimized and set NVidia setting to Integrated, then manually select the programs I want to use dedicated GPU on works best to reduce fan coming on constantly. In other words, I only use the GPU on demanding programs and gaming, nothing else. I think the fan comes on when the GPU is used constantly, hence it will need constant cooling.