Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2020 10:00

Extremely Frustrated with Repair Depot

I Sent my laptop in for repair several weeks ago.  It was supposed to be back in a few days.  The website says that they are waiting for some input for me.  However, I've called and given them permission to wipe the drive.  Additionally, I've called 8 times now and each time I get the same answer:  "Due to an error with our systems we're not getting any information on the status of any customers repairs from the dell repair depot, you'll have to call back".  Each time I've elevated the matter to a supervisor who is never available at the time of my call and am told that I will receive a call back in 2 to 4 hours.  Not once have I ever received a phone call back.

There are not other phone numbers to call.  Does anyone have any suggestions on other avenues I can try to get Dell's attention?  I should have bought the laptop through Microsoft and then at least I could have gotten support!

• 

25.1K Posts

August 2nd, 2021 11:00

Hi Sam, the repair is now complete and the machine has been shipped back. Do let us know if you need any further help once you have received it.

6 Posts

November 14th, 2020 10:00

I think TX but have no clue, i always get non English speaking Indian people. Its been less than 3 months and the key fell off, sad. This company should be put out of business. Thank you for the link

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 14th, 2020 10:00

We are all users here in the forum so we can't help, just sympathize with you. Where is the Repair Depot? Is it part of Dell or a private repair shop? Are you in your first year of warranty or in the extended warranty? If you are in the first year of warranty, you should be dealing directly with Dell. Contact them again. See this--

https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/en-us/srsearch

Note the announcement at the top of the page.

• 

109 Posts

November 16th, 2020 08:00

Hello,

We're tracking this case and are awaiting an update from the depot team. Please bear with us, we will let you know once we have an update.

Simran 

6 Posts

November 18th, 2020 11:00

You aren't doing anything. I got a call from one of your people today that put me on hold for 35 mins to get an update from Tech. Only to receive NO UPDATE or answers on time frame or anything. They didn't even know the reason it was there is because A KEY BROKE OFF! Then they transferred me to another department that couldn't help me. That department transferred me back to yours, and yet again NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING AND CANT HELP. I spent another hour and a half being tossed around for useless conversations with no solution while I am supposed to be working. So as I told your other 3 reps KEEP YOUR AWFUL LAPTOP IM NOT PAYING A DOLLAR MORE ON IT. Cancel my account! I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER DELL PRODUCT IN MY LIFE

24 Posts

July 19th, 2021 17:00

I am getting frustrated with the Louisville depot. I shipped my laptop last as Wednesday and they got it Thursday morning. It's Monday and the site is still showing that they shipped the box to me.

A few months ago I sent it to the Houston depot on Friday, they got it Saturday and I got it back on Tuesday. 

The irony is that I am in the Houston area but the Indian techs had me send it to the Louisville depot, almost 1'000 miles away! I got good service in Houston but Louisville won't even show the status! I am not happy!

24 Posts

July 21st, 2021 07:00

I see they FINALLY are looking at the laptop, after having it at their facility for almost SIX days! Houston had it back to me on Tuesday after I shipped it on Friday. I am NOT happy!

24 Posts

July 23rd, 2021 09:00

The website says they started repairs on Wednesday at 0932. It is now Friday at 11:10 and they still say it is being repaired. I'm hoping it's not a parts issue and they're simply not updating the web site. It appears that Dell depots are actually contractors, not Dell facilities. I had a good experience with the Houston facility, not so good with Louisville. Support was okay until it became obvious the computer needed parts. Then they became illogical. You'd think they'd send machines to the closest facility. In this case they claimed it was because of technician availability. I like Dell products but am losing faith in support. Incidentally, this is a refurbished machine Dell sent me after they couldn't find a keyboard for the one I bought originally. They keyboard malfunctioned a little over a year after I bought it and they couldn't find a replacement anywhere in the world. 

• 

25.1K Posts

July 27th, 2021 06:00

Hi SamMcGowan, we have shared some updates on the repair over direct messages. Do reach out, if you need any more details.

• 

25.1K Posts

July 27th, 2021 06:00

Hi, I have now raised a request to the depot for an update on the repair. I will update you here once they get back. Take care and have a nice day!

• 

25.1K Posts

July 29th, 2021 05:00

Hi Sam, our service partner team is testing the system in repair. Soon they will ship it back once it is tested normal. 

No Events found!