Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

February 16th, 2019 13:00

Front Led 7White/2Amber Flashing/XPS 9570

Hi, I'm using the Del XPS 9570 as a "PC" , with closed lid and connected via HDMI to an external monitor, USB to external keyboard/mouse, USB to Ethernet, and USB-C to USB hub, all connected to the 9570 built in ports. When powered on in the above state everything works fine. If I restart Windows everything works fine except that the XPS will start a 7 white/2 amber front led light blinking pattern. The only way of preventing this from happening is by shutting down, and power it back on with the lid open. Then I can close the lid and keep working as usual (no blinking led).

Is there any way of being able to restart Windows (with the lid closed and all ports connected to external devices as described above) and not have the front led blink?

Thanks

P.S.: If I use the XPS as a standalone notebook (not connected to external monitor) the front led is normally off (no blinking lights)

April 22nd, 2019 22:00

I finally found a solution: After disabling "Legacy Option ROMs" and enabling "Secure Boot" the issue is gone!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 18th, 2019 07:00

Thank you for your message.

What is the BIOS version installed?

Does the screen flicker if you move the LCD back & forth (both with monitor connected & disconnected)?

Do you see any video on the system LCD or external monitor when you see the LED pattern?

Under power options, have you changed the LID close action to do nothing?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

April 10th, 2019 03:00

I have exactly the same issue with the blinking LED. DELL XPS 15 9570, latest BIOS 1.8.1 and drivers. Interestingly only 1 out of 10 notebooks shows this behaviour.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 10th, 2019 05:00

Thank you for your message. The LED blinking 7white & 2 Amber indicates an LCD failure. Is your system connected to an external monitor as well?

If yes, does the system show the same sign when the external monitor is disconnected?

Is this issue is observed only when waking system from sleep mode, closed lid function?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.  

How to locate the service tag

April 15th, 2019 05:00

Hi

I have 2 external displays connected via display port to my TB16 dock.

The issue only occurs when the notebook is connected to the TB16 dock and started with the power button on the dock while the lid is closed. (no wake up from sleep mode)

If the notebook is started with the lid open, no flashing occurs.

Also wenn I disconnect the two external displays from the dock and start the notebook with lid closed, flashing will not occure!

I already opened a support case (service tag removed) but it was closed without a real solution.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 15th, 2019 09:00

Please update the Thunderbolt dock firmware followed by the ASMedia host controller driver & check if the issue persists.

Does the system work fine, if it is undocked & no external monitors connected? Does it display video if you close & open the lid?

April 16th, 2019 06:00

Dock firmware and all drivers are up to date. If undocked everything works fine, display has no issues when lid id openend and closed. I also run all diagnostics (holding D or Fn during boot) and no errors were found.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 16th, 2019 11:00

Have you tried using this dock with another system or another dock with this system?

There seems to be some handshake issue between the devices. If you could try a different system or dock this will help us diagnose the issue.

3 Posts

July 13th, 2019 23:00

I have the same thing. I went to turn my Laptop on and got the two amber seven white code and the Caps Lock key lit up. Screen is completely dark and I am wondering is there something I can do to get some action on the screen. I tried the (D power on) but nothing on the screen. (Fn power on) did nothing. does anyone have any ideas or is this a return to Dell job. Computer was bought refurbished from Dell in March this year, has about 40 hours of use thus far.  cheers Simon

• 

16.7K Posts

July 15th, 2019 11:00

Tewaewae,

The 7white 2 amber is a failed LCD error. The system is also not registered in your name according to your forum registered name  You will need to transfer the warranty and the ownership to your name by clicking here. Send me in a Private message your name so that I can verify if the system is in your registered forum name. 

Click my name and private message me.

3 Posts

July 15th, 2019 15:00

Thanks Jesse. Have sent the PM and registered new ownership.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 16th, 2019 03:00

Tewaewae,

Great!!  It could take 2-3 weeks to get your tag transferred.  

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 19:00

I should have read this last post. Thanks.

No Events found!