Highlighted
1 Copper

Genuine battery Dell XPS 15 9560 ??

Hello people, I need your help. I had to replace the battery on my xps 15 9560 because it swelled. Now I got this battery from a local store and wonder if that's a genuine battery? What is your opinion? Top is the old one that came in with the laptop, bottom is the new one. The battery is 6GTPY 97wh.

Thanks!
https://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Tal_Noy/20200224_175329_zps8ppvt8pw.jpg 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
5 Iridium

Re: Genuine battery Dell XPS 15 9560 ??

Have a look at this battery at Parts-People which is genuine. My suspicion is that the bottom new battery is not genuine Dell.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with MSI B450-A Pro Max with Ryzen 7 2700X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575 and Latitude E5430
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Thanks mate, I thought the same and wanted to confirm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

This is difficult to tell from a photo, because counterfeiters tend to spend most time on making the labels look genuine, and because Dell and other laptop vendors tend to practice multi-sourcing of components - so original batteries may not all look the same. 

Check if the battery seller has any affiliation with Dell. If you can't get an original from Dell or their service partner, better look for a 3rd-party battery that doesn't pretend to be original, from a battery dealer with relatively good user feedback (mind Dell's own battery user feedback isn't stellar).

0 Kudos