Highlighted
Yashka
1 Nickel

HDMI via WD15 not works from XPS13 9570

Hi All

I didn't use the WD15 dock station for several months. And I don't know what is happened, but the HDMI via WD15 isn't working now at all. I suppose some updates were applied to my laptop. The ethernet and other peripherals are working fine. I've checked all available updates for laptop and dock station and ones have been applied ones if was needed. But the problem still present. I'm using the USB-C to HDMI adapter now and separate ethernet to USB adapter, that is extremely inconvenient for me.

Could anyone help me figure out with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jphughan
5 Tungsten

Re: HDMI via WD15 not works from XPS13 9570

The WD15 just taps into the USB-C port's DisplayPort Alt Mode capability, which is the same thing that the USB-C to HDMI adapter you're using successfully would be leveraging, so if that's working using the same port on the system and the same display, then there's no good reason the WD15 shouldn't be working as well.  I guess you can see if there's a firmware update for the WD15 that you haven't installed, and obviously make sure the WD15 is getting power properly (if your system charges when connected to it, then it is), but other than that, my guess would be that the dock has gone bad.

0 Kudos
Yashka
1 Nickel

Re: HDMI via WD15 not works from XPS13 9570

Thank for the answer.

I've checked versions of all components and (re)installed all latest drivers, BIOS, dock station's firmware, but nothing has helped.... 😞

Is it mean that device is broken? I'm really wondered! I've been absent from the office a couple of months and this dock station just didn't use at all, but by the magic has been broken... 😞

I'll think a many times in next time before buying any hardware from Dell...

Thanks, regards

0 Kudos