Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 16th, 2018 12:00

How do I enable dell audio pop-ups?

Hi!   Brand new XPS 9570....  Bought a TB16 dock....

When I plugged my external speakers in for the first time, a popup came on the screen.  I clicked something on it and made the terrible mistake of telling it not to come up any more.   Whatever I clicked made the speakers sound TERRIBLE.   The audio sounds tinny and compressed and unusable.   I'm thinking I told it I had small speakers or something that mis-matches.   

How do I get this popup to come back?  I've seen other posts but they talk about Dell Audio Manager or MaxxAudio... I have neither on my XPS 9570.  It just says "Realtek(R) Audio" for the built-in headphone jack/speakers and "Realtek USB Audio for the speaker/Headphone jack on the TB16 dock.

Before purchasing the TB16, I was using a Pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock that had for my old MacBook Pro....   The sound was great.  So I know it's not my speakers or my XPS.  I had to buy a new dock because the Pluggable didn't supply enough power.

Thanks for the help!  This is driving me nuts!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 18th, 2018 08:00

You open the Waves MaxxAudio Pro user interface from the hidden icons on the taskbar.

Select the Playback option from the top left and then the Advanced drop down menu.

9.4K Posts

August 17th, 2018 05:00

Hi sackboydad,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

This software gets installed on your PC along with the package when you install any Realtek HD Audio Driver. You can easily launch the software from your system tray by double-clicking the Speaker icon.

In audio properties, Scroll down and select Realtek HD Audio Manager . Click the folder icon just above and to the right of where it says analog back panel and just below Device Advanced settings. Uncheck Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in 

How to use Realtek HD Audio Manager to boost up your PC Sound

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

1 Message

December 13th, 2019 08:00

Note: Unlike most of the hidden icons, this does not show it's name on rollover, so it's useful to know that it looks like a pixelated sine wave (almost a "W") in white on a blue field.

March 19th, 2020 23:00

unable to find the Realtek folder in program files in my Optiplex 7060.  Could you please help?

No Events found!