Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Posts

September 20th, 2022 15:00

How to Install or replace Keyboard Key Dell XPS 13 7390 2 in 1?

Hello Everyone, 

My Dell XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 Laptop keyboard key is accidentally removed and I would like to install it back. Is there any video or instructions on how to install the keyboard key back in its place? 

Thanks in advance for your advice/guidance/suggestions. 

Tahir

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

September 20th, 2022 16:00

Here is a link to the keyboard removal/installation instructions from Dell's service manual 

Whenever touching components or working inside a computer, wear a grounded wrist strap, also called anti-static wrist strap, ESD wrist strap, or ground bracelet. I know many people do such work without this, but it's a cheap and sensible precaution.

5 Posts

September 27th, 2022 08:00

Thank you. Actually, I am looking for replacing or installing one key and not the whole keyboard. The "F" and "1" keys on my laptop were removed by my child and now I don't know how to install them back. I am looking for any video or instructions to replace/install just one key on my Keyboard Key Dell XPS 13 7390 2 in 1. I checked many online videos and guides but the keys on my Keyboard Key Dell XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 are very different and I couldn't find any guide.

Thanks 

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

September 27th, 2022 10:00

The answer depends on whether it's just the cap that popped off, or whether the mount is broken.  If the former, the keycap should pop right back on.  If it doesn't, you need a replacement keyboard.

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=33989

5 Posts

September 27th, 2022 10:00

Thank you. There is nothing broken. I need instructions or guide for how to install it back. 

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

September 27th, 2022 18:00

Center the keycap over the hole and push down gently.  Any more than that and there's something else wrong -- could be a broken tab or clip, but if the key doesn't seat down, you will need to replace the keyboard.

No Events found!