Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 1st, 2018 14:00

How to stream 4k on 9365 with uhd display

I contacted customer service because I could not figure out how to stream Netflix or YouTube 4k video.   I asked if Cinema was available to download for the 9365 and was told that it was not available for the 9365, but that I was still able to enjoy 4k media on my laptop.  However, I cannot figure out how to do that.  I paid for the 4k display, but have not been able to use it yet.  Can anyone head me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

August 1st, 2018 15:00

Netflix 4K requires:

1. The $14/month plan - the lower tiers don't have 4K.

2.  You must use Microsoft Edge or the Netflix Windows 10 app.  None of the other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc.) will stream 4K.

3.  This is going to be very bandwidth-intensive -- a wired network connection is a good idea.  

I believe your system does support HDCP 2.2 -- so as long as you're using just the internal screen, you should be OK.

Thanks for the ideas.  I do have the $14 plan and it works great on my 4k televisions, so no download speed problems.

I tried using both the Netflix Windows 10 app and using Microsoft Edge.  Neither provides anything higher than 1080p.

I stand corrected.  YouTube is now displaying 4k when viewing in Edge.  Cannot confirm Netflix however.  But, this does tell me that the 9365 is capable of 4k.  I guess Prime is not supported at this time, however.

In any case, thanks for your quick help in resolving the issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 1st, 2018 17:00

You must have a later model of the 9365 since mine is not 4k. 

August 1st, 2018 20:00

4k display was an upgrade.  There are critics who say that it was not worth it, since it consumes more power than the standard display.  But, I like it! ;)

No Events found!