I've tried to boot from USB but it won't go well.... I need your help!
I'm trying to boot from Norton Bootable Recovery Tool so I downloaded ISO file and created a bootable USB.
Then I tried to boot from USB but it didn't work....
I suppose I did something wrong but I have no idea what it is.
I'll tell you what exactly I did and please let me know if something is wrong.
1. I downloaded NBRT ISO file from https://us.norton.com/support/tools/nbrt.html?lgct=en-us
2. I created a bootable USB with rufus and this is the setting I've done.
3. I rebooted my PC and entered BIOS setup by pressing F2.
4. Restarted PC and entered boot selection page by pressing F12
5. I chose legacy external device boot: USB storage device.
6. Norton Bootable Recovery Tool page showed up with two selections available.
7. Selected first one.
8. Then this message showed up and nothing happens further.
Detected CPU family 6 model 158
Warning: Intel CPU model - this hardware has not undergone testing by Redhat and might not be certified. Please consult https://hardware.redhat.com for certified hardware.
ACPI: acpi_os_get_timer() TBD
BUG: soft lockup - CPU#6 stuck for 61s! [swapper:1]
Process swapper (pid: 1. ti=f70cc000 task=f70b4aa0 task.ti=f70cc000)
Code: 0f 75 0c 8b ...........(lots of two digit numbers)
My PC is XPS 15 9570 and I have successfully booted from this particular USB stick just a couple of days ago.
If anyone knows what the problem is please let me know!