1 Copper

I need to buy a laptop before February 14 - I'm looking at buying the XPS 13 9370

I currently live in Australia and school starts on the 29th of January. I absolutely need to get a laptop before things get serious and I have to start studying (around Feb 14).

I'm thinking of getting the Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen5 or the XPS 13 9370. However, the New XPS 13 isn't available for purchase in Australia (despite having been released in the US/EU for several days now).

I can either buy the Thinkpad now, or wait until Feb 14 and hope that the XPS 13 9370 comes out before then.

Should I take the risk?

** I'm not willing to buy the 9360 version.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
3 Silver

Re: I need to buy a laptop before February 14 - I'm looking at buying the XPS 13 9370

Not an easy choice : yes the Lenovo carbon X1 is an amazing laptop, but because there is no Carbon X1 with 8th gen Kaby Lake Refresh then it does not compete anymore with Dell XPS 13.

I wouldn't buy a simple dual core laptop for more than 700€ in 2018...

0 Kudos
7 Gold

Re: I need to buy a laptop before February 14 - I'm looking at buying the XPS 13 9370

According to Lenovo at CES, the refresh of the X1 Carbon is due out at the end of this month, although I don't know if that applies to Australia, and it will be a fairly significant refresh.  Might want to at least wait for that, since you may be able to get it or may at least get a better deal on the outgoing model.

0 Kudos
3 Silver

I saw this on Dell Australian website : "Up to 20% off selected XPS laptops. Ends Thursday, January 18, 2018. Conditions apply. Go to Offers"

So... new XPS 13 available for january 22-26? Only speculation here but generally offers end before new product release. At least this is what happened here in France.

0 Kudos