I see something called lojack in my UEFI, what is it

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K

Fingerprint Sensor

32 GB Ram

1 TB NVME HD

BIOS 1.11.0

Windows 10 Pro

All Updates Applied

Pretty much stock, still loaded with all the Dell apps it came with.  Dell apps keep XPS up to date with Dell drivers.

Laptop works great, runs as good as the day I bought it over a year and a half a go.  Never had any malware on it.  Nothing bad or wrong ever happened to it.  I write all this because I don't know if this affects my question below?

LoJack Looks interesting.

I see it's related to this here: Absolute Software LoJack Premium 3YR Subscription

I'd be interested in anti-theft services.  But I don't know anything about this, and would like more information.  Does the software have something to do with the setting in UEFI?  What does the setting in UEFI do?  I already have encryption on my drive, so anti-theft would be a natural next step for me, assuming I can figure out this LoJack thing.

If someone from Dell can tell me all about it, that would be great.  I would like to know what the UEFI setting does, and I would like to know what the 3 year premium is all about.

Thank you, Nate.

P.S.  I did a Google search, but the resulting mess of information was confusing at best.  I'm hoping to get a level headed objective straight from Dell's mouth what LoJack is.  If other customers who have used LoJack for a year or more or used to please tell me your experience.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 28th, 2018 13:00

The service provider's website has complete details on what it is, what it does and what it costs.

https://www.absolutelojack.com/

September 30th, 2018 16:00

Great!  Thanks for the reply.

No Events found!