XPS

2 Bronze

Integrated Webcam Position

I don't know if this is the right forum for this or not, but has anyone ever complained about where the camera is placed on the XPS's. Maybe a suggestion for Dell would be to move the camera away from the keyboard and back up to the top of the screen? That way when i use the camera people aren't either looking up my nose or getting a shot of my fingers instead of my face.
Labels (1)
Replies (3)

MikePeak,

Thank you for your input on the Webcam. I will send this information to our product group.

+1 on this 

I have to use an external webcam as the up-nose visual is horrific not to mention my fingers flapping when I’m typing.

Theyd be better off adding a slide up camera or just removing it all together. It’s pointless in its offset and centered position.

7 Thorium

@MikePeakwrote:
I don't know if this is the right forum for this or not, but has anyone ever complained about where the camera is placed on the XPS's?

Almost every single review of every XPS 13 since the InfinityEdge display design was released has complained about this.  Dell basically decided that more people were more interested in a thin bezel than a webcam placed at top center -- and they were probably right since statistically I would wager that fairly few users actually use the webcam.  But until webcams get small enough to fit in that bezel size or Dell decides to sacrifice some aesthetics, chances are the webcam will stay down there where it is.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions