Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NG

3 Posts

June 3rd, 2020 18:00

Intel Iris 540 Graphics not working on XPS 13 9350

If this display adapter is enabled, the laptop screen goes blank when booting up the system. (I see "DELL" and then nothing.) However, if I connect an external monitor, that monitor works. But, the Display Settings as seen on that monitor do not recognize that the laptop screen exists.

If I disable the display adapter, I can use the laptop screen but cannot use the external monitor.

I've noticed there are threads from 2017 about this same problem and threads more recently about similar problems. I've run diagnostics and replaced the aging battery, to no avail.

I tried installing a different display adapter, but the system declined to install it because it is not compatible with my computer. Diagnotics tell me my BIOS and everything else are up to date and working.

Any suggestions?

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 4th, 2020 08:00

Reset the CMOS:  unplug the system, remove the base cover and disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Then plug in the battery, close up the cover and restart.  

Then try re-enabling the GPU.

3 Posts

June 4th, 2020 08:00

Update: I've deleted the adapter in Safe Mode and installed it from a new download. The problem persists. As with some other problems in the XPS section, this also began after the most recent update, including the Bios update. 

3 Posts

June 10th, 2020 13:00

Thank you @ejn63  for the suggestion. I tried it, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. I appreciate your effort to help, tho

No Events found!