Highlighted
Omar Ziara
1 Nickel

Keyboard Keys are Stuck and Not Functioning Properly - 9575

Hello everyone

Problems:

• Ctrl Key is pressed but sometimes works, some times it doesn't. (20% chance it doesn't.)
  • Sometimes the "c" is pressed all on its own.

Maybe there are other problems, but those what I have in mind for now. This has been an issue for quite sometime; first with my XPS 9560 and I've got the same issue on my XPS 9575.

When I had XPS 9560, I was blaming my finger that they aren't pressing strongly enough. But this hasn't been the case in the past. What made me rethink it is that the "c" letter gets written randomly or rarely all on its own.

When I got the new XPS 9575 (black), I got the same issues on it. 

My hands are the same. So, they could be the culprit. 

But the "c" that gets pressed on its own, what explains that?

It's frustrating experience. I do a lot of typing and I do use ctrl + x/c/v/b a lot of the time and it makes things feel annoying.

But I love the machines...

Anyone heard of such things before? Any help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: Keyboard Keys are Stuck and Not Functioning Properly - 9

Try adding an external usb keyboard to test if it's your typing or the computer. Are you in a harsh environment? Clean keys? Two computers with the same problem suggest an outside problem--fingers too big for such a thin tight KB comes to mind. :Wink:

A review from PC Magazine: says--

• CONS

Heavy in Tablet mode. Keyboard takes a little getting used to. Noisy cooling fan. So-so battery life.

0 Kudos

Re: Keyboard Keys are Stuck

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Has there been any liquid spillage on the keyboard?

This seems to be an issue with the physical keys.

If the system is in warranty I can assist you with the part replacement.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos