Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2019 14:00

Killer Control Center?

Just had my wifi/bluetooth card replaced in my XPS 15 laptop 'cause the bluetooth died after two years.  Now something is popping up called Killer Control Center.  There was no explanation or warning from Dell, of course.  Though it looks like some kind of silly, kiddie goth gaming program, a bit of online research shows it's apparently the program Dell has chosen for all their wireless connections?

If so, I probably shouldn't delete the software.  Do I have to pay it any attention and fiddle with it?  Is it likely to cause problems?  Thanks very much in advance.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2019 15:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @K T M 

Did you replace the card or did Dell???

The replacement is  probably a "Killer" combo card.

If so it would be best to not delete the software.

Best regards,

U2

3 Posts

July 2nd, 2019 21:00

The card was received and replaced by a Dell contractor technician.  The bluetooth is now working fine on the laptop.  I'll just ignore Killer until Dell gets tired of it and replaces it with another system they won't talk about.  Thanks very much for responding.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2019 18:00

The Killer Control Center is software in addition to the normal drivers for the Killer Wireless cards.

I use it to check the signal strength of Wi-Fi in my local network and check where my network fits.

You can probably stop it from starting up automatically and just run it when you want. 

One thing I suggest you not do is to comply with the notices from the software to enter your ISP speed.  It seems doing that will limit your Wireless speeds to 25% of your normal speeds.  But it has been some time since I tested and I have heard nothing from Rivet Networks as to why it would even want to limit my speeds. 

3 Posts

July 2nd, 2019 21:00

Thank you for the information.  I'll definitely not respond when the software asks me to do stuff.  Thanks again.

1 Message

August 17th, 2019 10:00

Glad I came across this thread. I just received a new Dell since my old one broke down in late June. I was wondering what the heck "Killer Control Center" was because it definitely wasn't on my old one. Couldn't they have used a better name? Oh well, thanks for the info
No Events found!