Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

July 16th, 2020 08:00

Latest HD 620 drivers way out of date

Hi. Don't know if someone already commented on this, but I couldn't find another post about this topic so I'll just make a new one. 

Recently installed the open beta for Ubisoft's HyperScape, which by some miracle lists the 500-series of HD graphics as a minimum supported GPU, so my i7-7500U and HD 620 should go fine. Opened it up, but was immediately prompted with a message telling me about out of date GPU drivers. I have version 26.20.100.7263, but I need a minimum if version 27.20.100.8280.

The problem here is that SupportAssist says everything is up to date, which wasn't true, since Dell's website actually downloaded 3 drivers immediately after that (no GPU driver tho). Can't install Intel driver since Dell machines have customized drivers, but I can see there have been a couple of updates, with the latest in late June. Now, thing is, DELL UPDATED THE DRIVERS IN NOVEMBER OF LAST YEAR!!! So we're stuck with old drivers. 

I doubt this is an issue with the HD 620 being old, since coffee lake still used the same iGPUs, so is happening here? It seems that Dell always has funky drivers. Used to have lots of issues with everything Thunderbolt 3 related, but now I can't open up programs, great. 

If anyone knows anything or has some sort of solution or workaround I'd appreciate it lots. Sorry for the essay's worth of typing, just pissed off a tiny bit.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 16th, 2020 13:00

Not sure what machine you have. Do you know ?

Since it's Intel, you can try:

- uninstalling all that, reboot, PnP, and let Windows-Update install the latest Intel drivers. 

Finally, I would not imagine HyperScape to be very pretty or fun on a baby Intel-IGP.  Even an older computer with a dedicated video card would likely do better.

No Events found!