Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

26 Posts

September 25th, 2021 11:00

Left speaker no sound on XPS 17

I have top-config XPS 17 (8 core i9 CPU, 64Gb RAM, 2Tb SSD) and left speaker stopped working
First I removed all DELL audio software - it helped
In couple weeks no sound from left speaker again - restarted PC which helped again
Now it is gone forever - nothing is helping

I see there are many similar complaints to the faulty left speaker here on the forum - so why there is no solution from DELL? This is definitely software issue since I was able to make it work couple of times

This is super expensive workstation which is essential for sound and video editing and it is useless now
I can't connect to the support (only phone call is available - but how will it be solved via call)

Please help me ASAP

26 Posts

September 25th, 2021 12:00

multiple iterations of unistalling/installing driver helped again

26 Posts

September 26th, 2021 03:00

well
it happened again
actually it happens almost each time when I wake up it from sleep mode when it is not connected to the power source

so do I need to reinstall drivers on the $5,000 notebook each time I resume it from sleep mode

need fix please!

26 Posts

September 26th, 2021 04:00

some random uninsttall / reinstall / audio troubleshoot helped again, but it is very annoying to perform it everyday 

hope any software fix will be released to have more stable sound driver

thank you in advance

1 Message

September 30th, 2021 05:00

Hi, I have the very same problem ever since I received my laptop about a month ago. I was a bit hesitant to send it back immediately since I think it is a software issue. I have up to date drivers, BIOS and MaxxAudio software but still keep having this problem.

I have a small tip for you to enable the speaker without uninstalling the drivers each time. Simply go into the BIOS (press F2 at Dell-logo boot). Then navigate to integrated devices and disable the Audio and hit apply. Then re-enable the audio and hit apply again and then exit the BIOS. This fixes the issue until some random software bug mutes the left speaker again…

I am waiting if the issue is fixed in Windows 11. If not I will contact the Dell support. This is just unacceptable for a laptop of this price.

No Events found!