Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

9 Posts

August 27th, 2018 14:00

XPS 13 9370, major hardware issues

I have ordered the XPS 13 9370 with the i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB, FHD display. Upon arrival and starting it, it turned out it is defective. The notebook started freezing (cursor freezes) already after I hit the power button for the first time. After the Windows setup finished, the problem continued. Keyboard and trackpad did not respond – I could not type, I could not navigate. The product was practically useless. I did two short videos as a proof. If anybody is interested, I can share the videos (large files).

DELL sent a new device and after waiting for over 2 weeks I finally got it. I started the notebook and was absolutely shocked and disappointed to discover that I have been sent yet another defective device. This time it is the display which has dead pixels (white on black screen). This is now the second brand new DELL XPS 13 notebook that is faulty.

I am speechless and I am truly disappointed in the poor product quality, obvious absence of quality control and the cumbersome and nearly unacceptable service quality including logistics that DELL is providing.

4 Posts

August 27th, 2018 16:00

Dell XPS has some problems since ever such as the coil whine issue since 9350 and they haven't fix it. I suggest you return the one with dead pixel and order a new one if it is under the period when you can cancelled. Do not accept a defective product.  I bought an XPS 9350 with coil whine problem they replace the motherboard which ended up with the same issue. It is a design flaw so I just accepted it.  Dell quality control is not the best. 

1 Message

November 25th, 2018 21:00

The Dell XPS 13 9370 has serious reliability issues.  I am the product manager for a SaaS company with 8 full time devs.  Out of 8 brand new Dell XPS 13 (9370's) we've had 4 of them fail.  Yes...50%. Couple that with the fact that it takes 3 weeks to get them back from Dell and you have a recipe for a serious headache for our staff.  Needless to say we've stopped ordering Dells for our 60 employees and have moved to Lenovo when the next Dell fails.  Really sad because the XPS 13 is a sweet laptop when it's running. 

1 Message

February 20th, 2020 21:00

I have had serious issues with my older Dell (9350) that are unresolved despite numerous updates and re-imaging. Bios stalls at boot-up or after sleep mode, flakey sound and Bluetooth, keyboard buttons leaving wear marks on the screen, the list goes on.... I’m replacing it after 2 years of suffering with something/anything else!

No Events found!