Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

V

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2020 08:00

XPS 15 9570, RAM failure

Help me my dell xps 15 is not booting up, black screen only keyboard backlight lites up fans does not turn on, I tried hard reset but still nothing. Did hardware diagnostic (fn+power button) the led blinks 2 orange and 4 white, dell’s manual says its memory/ram failure, I don’t know what to do this error help me.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please list exact model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543 (3000 series), windows 10

If you don't know, enter the service tag number onto the link below. After, you should see exact Dell model number for the computer in your Dell Product Support page.

Support | Dell US 

How to find a Dell Service Tag (Official Dell Tech Support ...

In meantime, reseat Memory module (or modules) to see if it will make a difference. Please view additional information in link below, hopefully it will be a help to you. 

How to diagnose and resolve common memory issues on a Dell Notebook PC

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln284387/how-to-diagnose-and-resolve-common-memory-issues-on-a-dell-notebook-pc?lang=en

3 Posts

It is xps 15 9570 running windows 10 64bit and the windows is dual booted with Ubuntu

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 22nd, 2020 09:00

Unplug the system and remove the base cover.  Disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.

Remove and reinstall the memory module(s).  Then reconnect the battery and see if the system will power up.

If it does, replace the cover and you're set.

If not, try one module at a time in each socket until the error re-occurs.  If one module fails in both sockets, replace it.  If both modules fail in one socket, it's the socket that's bad.  Replace the system board.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 22nd, 2020 09:00

Thanks ejn63...

3 Posts

June 30th, 2020 06:00

Hey tried it and still it does not work still black screen, now if i check fn+power even that is not showing anything.

1 Message

January 18th, 2021 08:00

Ejn63, thank you, your post saved me from good headaches 

No Events found!