kpsimm
1 Nickel

Re: Mouse cursor lagging and stuttering (XPS 9370)

Jump to solution

I tried the suggested Banby, but this hasn't resolved my issues unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestions.
It would be good to get some feedback from Dell at this point, although I know these investigations can take time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Banby
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

yes unfortunately the issue returns again and again....i even opened a ticket with dell support here are what they suggested:-

Hello Sir,

Greetings from Dell!!

We would like to inform you that this mail is from Dell Technical Support regarding the complaint updated by you.

We want all our customers to be handled with utmost care and make them satisfied with the support we provide.

With the reference to your email, Please perform below steps for Operating system failure issue.

Please perform a hardware diagnostics to rule out the possibility of hardware fault. Please follow the link below for instructions:-
>Shut down the system.
>Press the power button and start tapping F 12 for 5-7 times.
>You will see Boot Manager Window.
>Select "Diagnostics".
>When you see message: Were colored bars displayed : Yes or No.
Select Yes or press Y from keyboard.
>Test will take 5- 7minutes to complete.
>Then message may appear : No problems have been found with the system so far. Do want to run the remaining memory test? Click yes to continue(recommended) or NO.
>You have to click on NO.
>Select OK
Select Exit.
Your system will go into windows.

step  2:- The issue is due to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology if installed, please uninstall it from control panel-> programs and features. (*skip if not installed)

step  3:- Right click on "windows logo" in home screen --->  A list will appear --- > select " device manager->System Devices-> Intel Management Engine Interface->Properties->Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power (* skip if not able to find power management Tab)

step 4:- Right click on "windows logo" in home screen --->  A list will appear --- > select "command prompt with admin"--> in command prompt type "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" (without the quotes) hit enter. After completion in command prompt again type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) hit enter. After completion restart the system ( * this process will take more than one hour to complete as it runs a scan on all system files and repair the corrupted ones.)

step 5:- Also delete the temp files using the step below. Press and hold Windows + R button --> type %temp% --> OK --> Select all files and Delete.

step 6:- Also delete the Prefetch files using the step below. Press and hold Windows + R button --> type Prefetch --> OK --> Select all files and Delete.

Step 7:- Kindly perform Disk Clean-Up By Right Click on C:\ Drive --> Properties --> Disk Cleanup --> Tick all Boxes --> Ok.

Please feel free to reply for any further concern. 

Kindly reply with the complete details and your observations which you have noticed so that we can have it resolved at your satisfaction.

Your satisfaction is very important for us. Thank you for choosing Dell.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Sir,

Greetings from dell!

With the reference to your email, Please check with the charger whether touchpad is lagging or not while using it.

Please observe the same issue with external mouse.

Please update the firmware from device manager:

Go to device manager, there is a firmware option, right click and update it.

Please update the below drivers if issue still persists:

BIOS :

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=8N5PD

Chipset:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=H41NR

Video drivers :  (This issue is possibly because of Intel Graphics driver , Please check the latest version of video drivers if its not updated then please use below link to install the latest version:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=YFR21

Kindly reply if any problem persists.

Thank you for choosing Dell.
Thanks and Regards,
0 Kudos
Banby
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Though nothing has fixed the issue for me so far...they are just momentary reliefs.....let me know if u find something or something works out for you

0 Kudos
HMS Go
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have tried these instructions and this does not fix the bluetooth mouse freeze issue (though it happens less frequently).

0 Kudos
Banby
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Did  anyone manage to find a fix.?

0 Kudos
Banby
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Just updated to latest intel display driver....issue seems fixed for now...please all update and share your performance improvements here

0 Kudos
DLTravis
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

What version number are you now running please?

0 Kudos
Banby
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Frankly dont even bother brother,nothing is fixing this issue and im really **bleep** now its been more than 10 days ...its a pain for me now i have tried every possible fix there could have been and dell is showing unprofessional behavior in fixing the issue..

but for ur information i just updated to latest driver using the device manager and the version right now is 23.20.16.5018...it seems better right now but i know its just a matter of time before the issue gets worse again

Totally unsatisfied with this ....u dont pay a premium for such small issues that are a pain to deal with  :/

0 Kudos
Banby
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hey,

I updated just now to latest driver using device manager and issue seems better for the time being ,my current version is 23.20.16.5018

0 Kudos
Highlighted
perpetoom
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@BanbyPlease check your possible solutions with a cold boot (not after restart, since on average those problems are less common to appear past reboot). There are 2 (probable) cases that causes this issue described in this thread: CPU or GPU related. Looking at your posts I guess that you encounter the second one. So try to disable "panel self refresh" in Intel config app that I described earlier (and don't forget to save altered settings). If your issue is still present double check that it was not rolled back to "enabled' state after restart (It tends to happen sometimes).

NOTE: At moment of your latest post and the previous one the latest release of Intel graphics drivers were 24.20.100.6136 available for download (since 5th of June) from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128199/Graphics-for-8th-Generation-Intel-Processors

0 Kudos