Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2018 18:00

XPS 13-9370, mouse cursor lagging and stuttering

Having an issue with my new XPS 9370. Using the touchpad (haven't tried using a mouse with it at all), the mouse cursor sometimes stutters/freezes for a second then keeps going. Happens quite a lot actually. Sometimes it actually stutters multiple times in one swipe on the touchpad but other times it works fine..any ideas on what to do? I don't see any specific touchpad options in windows settings or anything either.. Thanks

13 Posts

May 30th, 2018 06:00

and how do u do that?

13 Posts

same here bro exactly the same case

12 Posts

Could it be, that some moderator is deleting the posts here? I'm wondering, because my previous one seems to be deleted without further notification, or was there a problem in submitting it?
I was just exchanging technical details to get to know if my issue relates to this one... @Banby have you seen my post and/or do you have maybe a copy of it available?

13 Posts

May 30th, 2018 11:00

Here is a possible fix...

i tried switching to basic display adapter and it made my cursor move too slow and choppy.....but uninstalling the HID touchpad driver and reinstalling it seems to have done the job for me ....since i tried with  wireless mouse and they work amazing seems like its a problem with the touchpad drivers.

Reagards

13 Posts

May 30th, 2018 14:00

Disable the realtek audio manager from the task manager in startup and this is fixed ...idk why this happens but this works amazing i guess some issue with legacy application...

PS :- Thank me Later xD :)

5 Posts

June 1st, 2018 12:00

I tried the suggested Banby, but this hasn't resolved my issues unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestions.
It would be good to get some feedback from Dell at this point, although I know these investigations can take time.

13 Posts

June 2nd, 2018 10:00

Though nothing has fixed the issue for me so far...they are just momentary reliefs.....let me know if u find something or something works out for you

13 Posts

June 2nd, 2018 10:00

yes unfortunately the issue returns again and again....i even opened a ticket with dell support here are what they suggested:-

Hello Sir,

Greetings from Dell!!

We would like to inform you that this mail is from Dell Technical Support regarding the complaint updated by you.

We want all our customers to be handled with utmost care and make them satisfied with the support we provide.

With the reference to your email, Please perform below steps for Operating system failure issue.

Please perform a hardware diagnostics to rule out the possibility of hardware fault. Please follow the link below for instructions:-
>Shut down the system.
>Press the power button and start tapping F 12 for 5-7 times.
>You will see Boot Manager Window.
>Select "Diagnostics".
>When you see message: Were colored bars displayed : Yes or No.
Select Yes or press Y from keyboard.
>Test will take 5- 7minutes to complete.
>Then message may appear : No problems have been found with the system so far. Do want to run the remaining memory test? Click yes to continue(recommended) or NO.
>You have to click on NO.
>Select OK
Select Exit.
Your system will go into windows.

step  2:- The issue is due to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology if installed, please uninstall it from control panel-> programs and features. (*skip if not installed)

step  3:- Right click on "windows logo" in home screen --->  A list will appear --- > select " device manager->System Devices-> Intel Management Engine Interface->Properties->Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power (* skip if not able to find power management Tab)

step 4:- Right click on "windows logo" in home screen --->  A list will appear --- > select "command prompt with admin"--> in command prompt type "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" (without the quotes) hit enter. After completion in command prompt again type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) hit enter. After completion restart the system ( * this process will take more than one hour to complete as it runs a scan on all system files and repair the corrupted ones.)

step 5:- Also delete the temp files using the step below. Press and hold Windows + R button --> type %temp% --> OK --> Select all files and Delete.

step 6:- Also delete the Prefetch files using the step below. Press and hold Windows + R button --> type Prefetch --> OK --> Select all files and Delete.

Step 7:- Kindly perform Disk Clean-Up By Right Click on C:\ Drive --> Properties --> Disk Cleanup --> Tick all Boxes --> Ok.

Please feel free to reply for any further concern. 

Kindly reply with the complete details and your observations which you have noticed so that we can have it resolved at your satisfaction.

Your satisfaction is very important for us. Thank you for choosing Dell.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Sir,

Greetings from dell!

With the reference to your email, Please check with the charger whether touchpad is lagging or not while using it.

Please observe the same issue with external mouse.

Please update the firmware from device manager:

Go to device manager, there is a firmware option, right click and update it.

Please update the below drivers if issue still persists:

BIOS :

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=8N5PD

Chipset:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=H41NR

Video drivers :  (This issue is possibly because of Intel Graphics driver , Please check the latest version of video drivers if its not updated then please use below link to install the latest version:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=YFR21

Kindly reply if any problem persists.

Thank you for choosing Dell.
Thanks and Regards,

1 Message

June 4th, 2018 04:00

I have tried these instructions and this does not fix the bluetooth mouse freeze issue (though it happens less frequently).

13 Posts

June 6th, 2018 11:00

Did  anyone manage to find a fix.?

13 Posts

June 8th, 2018 08:00

Just updated to latest intel display driver....issue seems fixed for now...please all update and share your performance improvements here

5 Posts

June 8th, 2018 09:00

What version number are you now running please?

13 Posts

June 9th, 2018 08:00

Hey,

I updated just now to latest driver using device manager and issue seems better for the time being ,my current version is 23.20.16.5018

13 Posts

June 9th, 2018 08:00

Frankly dont even bother brother,nothing is fixing this issue and im really **bleep** now its been more than 10 days ...its a pain for me now i have tried every possible fix there could have been and dell is showing unprofessional behavior in fixing the issue..

but for ur information i just updated to latest driver using the device manager and the version right now is 23.20.16.5018...it seems better right now but i know its just a matter of time before the issue gets worse again

Totally unsatisfied with this ....u dont pay a premium for such small issues that are a pain to deal with  :/

81 Posts

June 14th, 2018 05:00

@BanbyPlease check your possible solutions with a cold boot (not after restart, since on average those problems are less common to appear past reboot). There are 2 (probable) cases that causes this issue described in this thread: CPU or GPU related. Looking at your posts I guess that you encounter the second one. So try to disable "panel self refresh" in Intel config app that I described earlier (and don't forget to save altered settings). If your issue is still present double check that it was not rolled back to "enabled' state after restart (It tends to happen sometimes).

NOTE: At moment of your latest post and the previous one the latest release of Intel graphics drivers were 24.20.100.6136 available for download (since 5th of June) from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128199/Graphics-for-8th-Generation-Intel-Processors

No Events found!