oneframe
1 Copper

Re: Mouse cursor lagging and stuttering (XPS 9370)

Jump to solution

How do you guys even install the latest Intel graphics driver as my XPS 13 9370 is telling me that Windows has determined I have the latest driver which is currently at 23.20.xx.xxxx and I'm trying to install the latest 24.20.xx.xxxx.

0 Kudos
swisshoya
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. Dell Support advised me to reinstall Windows 10, which solved the problem. My guess is some driver bug in the out-of-the-box installation.

0 Kudos
oneframe
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I reinstalled Windows 10 and still unable to update the Intel graphics driver. The message stated:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit."

Also when I try to manually update the driver via the device manager and point it to the extracted file, it then tells me I have the best drivers for my device even if I know the driver is very much outdated at 23.20.xxx.xxxx versus the driver 24.20.xxx.xxxx I was trying to install.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
perpetoom
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@oneframe wrote:
[..] then tells me I have the best drivers for my device even if I know the driver is very much outdated [..]

1. Go to Intels site

2. Find newest drivers (At the moment 24.20.100.6136)

2. Select appropriate package: *.exe (one click install) or *.zip (if you wish to point to extracted drivers dir manually later on) and download it.

3. Uninstall current drivers (from Add/remove software window or directly from selected device in Device Manager)

4. Install the new drivers

oneframe
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you! I will try again tonight when I get home.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Community, 

I can confirm for you that Dell engineering is aware of the cursor behavior and is working to resolve. I will be back with more detail once they give me more information.

Disabling panel self-refresh was mentioned by @perpetoom earlier on this thread. This is indeed a Dell recommended, temporary, optional work around.

How to Disable the PSR :

1. Right-click on the Desktop, and select Intel® Graphics Settings
  2. Click on Power to access the Power Section
  3. Under Power section uncheck the Panel Self-Refresh to disable it.

Capture.PNG

Justin C

Dell Technical Support L3 | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

kpsimm
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Good to know Dell is finally acknowledging this. I did the recommended steps as suggested in the first week of owning the laptop and I don't have any of the issues.

However, I still suffer from the weird tap to click issue where the left side of the trackpad become unresponsive, but tapping in the middle of the pad works all the time. 

0 Kudos
TomShreds
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm glad as well that you finally acknowledge this, looking forward to a fix!

Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
Zyre
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It's not just Dell have the same problem with a HP spectre x360 intel hd 620. It started happening after the win 10 april update and it really hurt my workflow. I found a temporarily solution in putting the device in standby and waking it up again. I've heard disabling the intel panel refresh stops it for good. But how drastically does it hamper battery life?

0 Kudos
minervausa
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Has a solution to this problem been found? I've been having the same issue along with these ghost type circles appearing all over my touch screen.

0 Kudos