lovelash
1 Copper

My honest DELL XPS 15 9570 Experience

It's been a day since I got my XPS 15. So far, I'm loving it. My previous laptopwas a Macbook Air (2012/ 11 inch) and switching from it to the XPS was one of the best choices I made in my life.

Pros:

First of all, I love the keyboard. It's a huge improvement from the Macbook Air, and I prefer the XPS keyboard over every laptop I have used. It feels amazing, and the click is so satisfying. Absolutely amazing.

Second, the display. The display is breathtakingly amazing. I ordered the FHD version instead of the 4k version, but the quality on this thing is just... WOW. I can only imagine how amazing the screen on the 4k will be.

Third, the design. I know it's not a very new design, but after using a macbook with extra thicc bezels, the XPS has super thin bezels. It's just so pleasing to look at.

Fourth, the touchpad. After using Apple's touchpad, I didn't expect much from the XPS. However, I was pleasantly surprised as the touchpad is almost as good as the mac's. 9apps cartoon hd vidmate apk

I got an i7 core (8th gen) and it is super fast. The download time is fast. Like, really fast.

Finally, the delivery time. I know this doesn't really relate to the XPS itself, but I was surprised at how fast it came. It was supposed to come on the 28th or the 29th, but I got it yesterday. It only took 8 days, so I can say I'm pretty satisfied with the delivery speed.

Cons:

So far, I can't seem to find any.

One thing that does bother me is that the fans turn on and off randomly, but it's not that big of a problem for me. The laptop does not get super hot for me as well.

Overall, I definitely recommend the XPS 15. Although I might've spent all my money on it, I can say 100% it was worth every single cent. Thanks for reading and I'll be happy to answer any questions! (BTW, I promise I'm not a DELL employee haha)

Overall? Still great, still good. What I'm noticing is a little bit of coil whine. I don't mind too much. The carbon gets dirty quite easily (figured that out when my friend's greasy hands touched them) but it's still easy to wipe off. Still having a great experience!

3 Replies
jss2020
2 Bronze

Re: My honest DELL XPS 15 9570 Experience

It will certainly be an upgrade if your previous laptop was the 2012 Macbook Air.  I'd say the recent Macbook Pro's are comparable in aesthetics. I still prefer Dell XPS b/c you are getting comparable specs/aesthetics for less.   

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Please let us all know if you are still having a good experience in a month and in 10. 

0 Kudos
jss2020
2 Bronze

I'm satisfied with it after several months.  There are some slight annoyances but nothing too major.  The pros outweigh the cons  

0 Kudos