Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

5 Posts

December 1st, 2022 15:00

Need to know which Dell laptops support Resizable Bar

Its time to upgrade my laptop and I use an external eGPU across Thunderbolt.  I've installed an Intel ARC 770 in it and things are fine and I'm now on a single driver stack after years of always having to run two different ones (usually Intel & Nvidia).  However, all the newest video cards want 'Resizable Bar' to be switched on in BIOS (including the ARC 770) but from reading the boards here its almost impossible to figure out what Dell laptops actually have BIOS that supports it.  Can I get a list from Dell (ideally) or some of the other folks on this board for which laptops have updated BIOS to support this?  Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

December 1st, 2022 17:00

The only Dell notebook so far that supports ARC graphics is a Precision workstation.  No other Dell notebooks would have any chance of supporting the technology. That'd be the Precision 7770 or 7670.

5 Posts

December 1st, 2022 20:00

I read in an old thread some of the Alienware notebooks support it.  I wish this was better documented! 

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

December 2nd, 2022 03:00

It couldn't possibly have that that old, since ARC is new.  If so, contact the author for verification.

5 Posts

December 18th, 2022 13:00

Come on Dell, why can't someone answer this question?!?!

5 Posts

January 2nd, 2023 14:00

Will there ever be an answer to this question!?!

1 Message

January 13th, 2023 00:00

Same issue here. With the ARC app you can enable the resizable BAR, but I still have some issues with the manage of the monitor. I found the thunderbolt options in the Bios. Did you modify those?

5 Posts

February 8th, 2023 12:00

Come on Dell, answer the question.  Maybe if you actually answered questions here you could have avoided so many layoffs!

3 Posts

September 28th, 2023 07:51

I am using Dell G5 5505 SE and my motherboard model is Dell inc. 0f9f1j. According to information reflected in GPU - Z, I only need to enable resizable bar in bios to activate the same for my system. But I cannot find any option in bios to enable rebar. Kindly help.

No Events found!