drumdover
1 Copper

Re: New XPS 15 9570 very unstable, and crashing.

Same thing has happened to me on 2 separate XPS 9570's. I ordered them both through Costco. First system, on initial boot, threw an error regarding System date-time not being set properly. That scared me on the first so I returned and bought a second. Same thing happened on the second but I figured I'd give it more time. Since I've owned it (3 days), it has bsod'd on me almost 10 times. Event viewer has several errors including Intel Audio Service, kernel, etc. I've never had a new system act out this bad in such short amount of time and I don't want to put the time into it to debug the thing...it should just work. The other thing that scared me about the second system is that inside the XPS box was "rework" sticker that included text of "monitor," and "battery." To me, that screams refurb and it was being sold as new. I am very weary to buy Dell and from Costco anymore.

0 Kudos
yy7y6yu7t
1 Copper

It's really bad I just got that computer best XPS possible with I9 processor and it's crashing every 3 hours just using Chrome. Stay away from this model.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Any of you folks want to make some of your mini-dump files available on your OneDrive, someone could look at them..  Descriptions of when or how these crashes happen might help.

If you have made any changes to your original configuration, please disclose those changes.  If you feel some software might be responsible, comparing to other systems may expose some flaw.

Sorry I can't guarantee the dump files will help provide a solution, but it is better than doing nothing.

I do know the 9570s have had quite a few posters with sound problems.

1 Copper

Mine does the exact same thing. Its also brand new. Sent my first one back because of it, and the one they sent me in return has been no better. 

0 Kudos
CM_Dad
1 Copper

I too have the same problem - machine freezes with horrible noise and have to force a restart usually when I am on a web call. Followed by the blue screen crash, regularly every week since I got it 2 months ago. I so wish I had got a Macbook pro...

I thought it could be spotify or chrome so using firefox, but no its same for both. Could be antivirus (eset). Fan goes on loudly at random times. Everything is up to date, it's automatically set up to update every other <Profanity removed> minute - interrupting workstreams to shut down machine so it can update even. PC's just have too much 3rd party muck on them all conflicting, and the advice is always redo everything - I do not have the energy or time to spend 3 hours rebuilding a PC!

0 Kudos

@CM_Dad thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are having with such a new system.

If the system is crashing so frequently it could be either hardware or software related. As the system is so new I suspect the issue is OS or driver related.

My suggestion would be to run the hardware diagnostics and if that fails to return any hardware problems you can refresh Windows. This process doesn't take 3 hrs, to do, more like 20 minutes at most. It refreshes Windows but keeps all your data.

To run the hardware diagnostics, hold down the Fn key and power on the system. It will run through a series of hardware diagnostics. If it detects a problem it will return an error code. Please note down any returned.

If the system diagnostic test passes, please try the following to refresh Windows - https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln297920/reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-c...

I'll drop you a private message to get your service tag details

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
semitaho
1 Copper

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem. My XPS 15 9570 keeps crashing randomly. It ran 10 months very well. 

Technical guy from Dell came to my home to install new motherboard. After that it ran well about 1 month. Then it started to crash again. It is not related to Windows OS, because sometimes it crashes during the boot. 

New technical guy brought me another motherboard, but it was already damaged(?!). Computer did not boot properly. He also installed new battery and fans that didn't help.

Now Dell ordered me another new motherboard. Something wrong with this model? Or maybe BIOS should be downgraded? It seems to be, that problems started to occur same time when I upgraded to 1.13.0 version

0 Kudos
Highlighted
samiam779
1 Copper

I recently resolved this issue on this model. Here's what I did.

Right-click the desktop, select Nvidia Control Panel. Under the “Manage 3D settings” on the left menu, and under the Global Settings tab in the main pane, locate “Preferred Graphics Processor:”, and change that field to “High-performance NVIDIA processor”.

0 Kudos