Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

4 Posts

November 13th, 2019 02:00

No Bootable devices found - Dell XPS 7590 Upgrade

Hi, I recently upgraded my computer to DD4 CORSAIR RAM 32 GB, SSD 970 EVO, and fenvi's intel dual band wireless. But when I put it in it returned as "No Bootable devices found"

I researched and clicked F12 when the DELL Logo popped up and it showed me settings, but under "Windows Boot Manager" it did not show any name for what I put in.

I called Dell and they told me (I live in Japan so I had a near by customer support) to put in windows and repair OS which didn't fit my empty usb that I emptied for this. I only included the repair OS into the usb to give it a try and see if I can do all of this in order, but the usb itself didn't read. The USB is 8gb and it is said you need 16 gb of free space.

This is the Link I used. 
Does the USB usually ready even if you don't have both files? Or is this something else I should be fixing?

SSD: V-NAND SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 Samsung 1Tb
RAM: VENGEANVE DDR4 CORSAIR 32GB (2x16gb=32gb)

WIFI: Intel Dual Band Wireless bluetooth 4.2 8265NGW

Computer: Dell XPS 7590 15in i7 RAM16gb SSD512gb WIFI Killer

Support I used: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln299044/how-to-download-and-use-the-dell-os-recovery-image-in-microsoft-windows?lang=en

November 15th, 2019 02:00

Nobody is replying to my message, but I found a solution.
I put back my old SSD into the computer that originally worked, then I went to this website (https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/osiso/download?OSISOToken=Z1dUUFo3M0xUSWx3N0hTWFhlOHdKb1hwOGszZkVqajJSeG96ZHJNUDFLWk1CZkIreDVKbkwxNmk2amkzc3MxTlNXWXdXemtvTnY4TEVHRFJoRlRTc0E9PQ2&DriverId=7RC03_WT64A,9JJ28_WT64A,DVKDN_WT64A&OSCode=win) and downloaded the file that was offered. I opened it through Control Panel by researching control panel on the dock. Then I made switched the icons to "small icons" and clicked the "Repair" and clicked "Create a repairable usb".
I said okay to all options, with all checks checked, and it took around 1 hours to finish. A message pops up at the end with a button that says "Finish" when the usb is made. I used a buffalo 32gb usb for this. I then put back the new ssd, then put in the usb drive, hit F12, made sure it read the drive, and clicked enter. 

It was a huge hassle, but the dell support told me I needed windows and that started the whole confident research. I asked my father and friends, and making a usb from other computers didn't do so well. But at the end my father gave me this option and I say genius. Windows/dell websites detects your computer if you have a windows computer, and apple is not really jolly about these programs. Make sure to research procedures just in case and don't worry, theres a way. 

How to upgrade your computer:

Make sure you touch the light metal round triangular thing on the side before touching anything. Do not touch the metal parts when removing or putting in any parts, but it is okay to touch the green parts and labels. The out side screws worked with jakemy iPhone scree driver but the inside screw drivers are a little bigger. I think the screw driver said CR-V PH.1 for the inside one.

No Events found!