psilocybe99
1 Copper

No support for Wacom Cintiq Pro?

Spent nearly a week troubleshooting with the Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 with my Dell XPS 9560. The image would display on the tablet, but the pen didn't work and it caused massive typing lag.

After speaking with Dell, I'm told the upgraded Thunderbolt port would resolve the issue on the new XPS 15. I spend nearly $3,000 buying the new 9570 and not only does the Wacom still not work, the typing lag has turned into not being able to type at all when it's plugged in.

I don't understand why the XPS has so many problems.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: No support for Wacom Cintiq Pro?

Since the common thread here is the tablet, have you in fact verified that the tablet DOES work with another model system?

The pen not working with the tablet would have nothing to do with the system - and everything to do with the  tablet itself.

0 Kudos
syntraclick
1 Copper

It's not the tablet. Two separate tablets worked correctly on my desktop, and yet both have no Pen support on the two Dells I tried (9560 and 9570). If you Google "9560 Dell Wacom 16" you'll find a plethora of people complaining of this specific issue. Of the ~100 times I connected it, it worked once. 

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

If you search a bit, you'll find similar complaints about the device from Macbook, Lenovo, HP, and other users -- what does Wacom support have to say?  These don't appear to be the most reliable devices on the market -- and I'd bet that having seen the problem with two different systems, the issue is with the tablet -- not the computer.

0 Kudos
Dev_Tr
1 Copper

NO! It's Dell XPS 15 specific.  I tested tested the Cintiq Pro 13 with other computers via USB-C and everything work fine, BUT not the Dell XPS 15.  Once the Cintiq Pro hooked up to the USB-C on the XPS, the built-in keyboard will stop working, only key W and backspace key works, but very glitchy.  Also the computer can't reset until you unplug the Cintiq Pro.   Wacom App doesn't recognize Cintiq Pro as being connected, but Win 10 device management recognized it as an external display.

Something is not right with the USB-C on the XPS.  Once the Cintiq is hooked up the the USB-C, it messes up the keyboard and prevent the computer from restarting/shutting down.  The Cintiq works perfectly fine on other computers.

0 Kudos