Highlighted
TallGuyHerb
1 Copper

Re: Notification from Dell Update: The system has been updated

Support seems to have rectified problem by installing Dell Command Support onto PC. Thanks for the help.

Highlighted

Hi, 

I hope you're doing well.

Request raised is in progress. Seems like there is a delay is because of the weekend. I will keep you posted as soon as I have an update on this. I should hear from them in the next 2 days.

-Prajesh

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
BitsAndBits
1 Copper

@DELL 

I have the same problem, which I expect is widespread. I am running:

Inspiron 7559

Win 10 Home version 1909

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Rob

Highlighted
CC02
1 Copper

Received an email from Dell-Cares advising that Alienware Update App had been discontinued and the app can be deleted from system. I rang Dell Australia support to confirm this and they checked into whether deleting from system was an issue. SupportAssist performs all the update checks required so deleting Alienware Update is probably the best solution to stop the random update notifications. I have an Aurora R5 with v3.1 of Alienware Update and I can get those notifications frequently. Haven't deleted update app from my system yet, but will probably do soon if I hear nothing else offered as the solution. Hope this helps 🙂

Highlighted

Hi, 

I hope you're doing well.

I'm still waiting for an update. I will keep you posted as soon as I have an update on this. 

-Prajesh

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
Pushinit
1 Copper

Prajesh, please post the solution.  It isn't practical for you to log onto every affected computer with this problem.  I'd like to fix mine also.

Highlighted
IceSapphire
1 Copper

I keep getting this as well every so often my firewall pops up saying conflicting error dell assist or something along those lines I'm a little worried i might get hacked is there a new brand i can purchase other then dell me and my friend play on PC games and we are all debating on switching because the dell update constantly slows down PFS because its working in the background. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

CC02
1 Copper

I have an Alienware Aurora R5 that I work and game on. Alienware Update was the "on board" updater, but I use SupportAssist for self diagnostics and updating of hardware, drivers, and BIOS. I'm guessing you can also download SupportAssist from the Dell website and use that for your updates. That way, the Dell Update/Alienware Update can be removed from systems as SupportAssist does the same updates (and more with the added self diagnostics) 🙂

Highlighted

@CC02 wrote:

I have an Alienware Aurora R5 that I work and game on. Alienware Update was the "on board" updater, but I use SupportAssist for self diagnostics and updating of hardware, drivers, and BIOS. I'm guessing you can also download SupportAssist from the Dell website and use that for your updates. That way, the Dell Update/Alienware Update can be removed from systems as SupportAssist does the same updates (and more with the added self diagnostics) 🙂

SupportAssist and Dell Update were both loaded on my Inspiron laptop when I bought it.  In my experience, they report contradictory results.  I think I'll use SupportAssist in addition to Dell's support website to identify updates to my laptop while Dell continues to fiddle with Dell (Command) Update.

Highlighted

I received an email from "Prajesh" this morning requesting remote access to my system given that he's received an update from the product team.  When I click on the supplied link, I get a web page  with the message "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.  Click your browser's Back button to continue."  The back button is disabled.

There is no private message in my inbox, and there is nothing here from Prajesh about an update, so I'm at a loss to respond, except to say that I'm loathe to give anyone remote access to my system without some indication of why such access is needed and what he/she intends to do.

Still looking forward to a fix for this issue.