Highlighted

Re: Notification from Dell Update: The system has been updated

Hi Bill, 

I have raised the issue with our product team and they are working on a fix for this issue. As of now, I request you to update the Dell update application to the latest version (3.1.0, A00) which is released on 4th of February 2020: https://dell.to/2H9SHlg

Let me know how it goes. I will wait to hear from you.

-Prajesh

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
1 Copper

Prajesh:

Just now, I:

1.  Uninstalled the Dell Update on the system (was showing as V 3.1).

2.  Ran the File Cleaner in SupportAssist.

3.  Downloaded and installed the Feb update for Dell Update from the link provided below and did a reboot.

4.  Ran the new Dell Update with the following results ~ Shows V 3.1 / "No updates available; This system is up to date / Last Check: Never (just ran it!) / Last Update: Never (reasonable since there were no updates, but I sill question the validity of the reply based on not picking up today's date in the Last Update.).

5.  Did not try turning Notifications back on to see if this fixed that issue.

There clearly is more work that needs to be done by the "product team". 

Highlighted

I totally understand your callout, Bill.
Rest assured, we are working on this on a priority and will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted

Hi,

We have an update from our product engineering team. As they are working on a permanent fix, they wanted to us to try to remove the Dell Update application from the system using a 3rd party uninstaller. Complete all Windows updates & restart the system. Install Dell update application version 3. 1. 0.

Do let me know the outcome of this.

-Supriya

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
1 Copper

I, and others, have done as you requested to uninstall and reinstall (see earlier in this thread).  In my case I used Revo Uninstaller again just now.  This approach makes no difference and the error message continues after reboot.  Please let your product engineering team know that we all need the permanent fix.

(1)
Highlighted
2 Iron

Prajesh wrote:

...I have raised the issue with our product team and they are working on a fix for this issue. As of now, I request you to update the Dell update application to the latest version (3.1.0, A00) which is released on 4th of February 2020 ...

Hi Prajesh:

I've been having the same issue on my Dell Inspiron 5584 / Win 10 Pro v1903 (now v1909) laptop where a Dell Update notifications stating "The system has been updated" appears about 5 min after every system restart. The problem started around 17-Dec-2019 and occurs with the latest Dell Update Application for W32 v3.1.0 (Package 0TFPF) as well as the latest Dell Update Application for UWP v3.1.0 (Package 9FX1M).  Both of those updates are currently listed on the Dell support page for my Inspiron 5584.

After reading your post today I uninstalled Dell Update Application for W32 v3.1.0 (Package 0TFPF) with Revo Uninstaller Free v2.1.1 (one stray registry value found after the standard uninstaller finished , deleted one registry key left behind after the uninstall of a previous Dell Update Application for UWP v3.1.0 installation using the registry cleaner in Piriform's CCleaner Free v5.36, and then installed the latest Dell Update Application for UWP v3.1.0 (Package 9FX1M). I noticed that Settings | System | Notifications & Actions | Get Notifications From These Senders was turned OFF for Dell Update after the clean reinstall, but as soon as that setting was turned back ON the notifications stating "The system has been updated" started appearing again after each system restart. Further details and screenshots are posted in my thread Inspiron 5584 - Dell Update Notification "The system has been updated" in the Inspiron board.
------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.592 * Firefox ESR v68.4.2 * Windows Defender v4.18.2001.7 * Malwarebytes Free v3.8.3
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U@1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

Highlighted
1 Copper

Same issue here. PITA 3 alert

Highlighted
1 Copper

I posted a "me too" message on December 21st. I was asked in a string of private messages from Dell for my Service Tag, which I supplied, and then for further personal information, some of which they should already have known, and some which I wasn't prepared to share with Dell because they don't "need to know".

They then 'archived' my "support request" - I hadn't asked for any support, just added my voice to the growing crowd.

Just to confirm that I am also on Windows 10 Version 1909.

I've also noticed that this community board allows us to upload PNG images, and then abysmally fails to display them!

Not holding my breath while waiting for a fix to "The system has been updated". Perhaps the message is supposed to mean "The system is up-to-date" . Who knows? ☹️

Highlighted

Antient,

Hi! I've replied to you via Private Note.

Dell-RonnieR

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Notification from Dell Update: The system has been updat

Same issue here as original post. Started with latest update roughly 4 weeks ago. Dell XPS 9575 15 2-in-1 Windows ver 1903, still under warranty. You're generic response does not provide a solution, it's a work around. Many customers are reporting the same issue regardless of windows version, model type or warranty. This is clearly a Dell Update issue. Can you please do something about it.