Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2019 01:00

PN579X Barrel Function Configuration

Hello, 

I am using the PN579X on the Dell XPS 15 9575 2in1. I am unable to configure the barrel button functions as advertised in the product manual. Research shows that I should be able to do so with the XPS 15 9575 2in1. I have installed the latest driver and restarted my computer which yields no changes. The User Manual also mentions a "Presentation Mode" which I have also been unable to access.

Can someone explain how I can get to the advertised configuration panel as shown in the user manual below?

Advertised Control SettingsAdvertised Control Settings

This is how my control settings look (same before and after installing the Dell driver). There are no barrel function options: 

Top of Config SettingsTop of Config SettingsMiddle of Config SettingsMiddle of Config SettingsBottom of Config SettingsBottom of Config Settings

January 7th, 2019 20:00

Thank you Saltgrass, 

The Wacom software is available here for anyone else who needs it. There is an identical "Active Pen" software from Dell but doesn't seem to be net searchable, I have only been asked to install Dell Active Pen after installing the Wacom software which is exactly the same thing. 

I haven't been able to find "Dell Active Pen" directly on the Microsoft App Store or anywhere else for that matter. I'm only prompted to download it after installing the Wacom Driver. Not very straightforward, but cheers!

January 7th, 2019 05:00

Hello Saltgrass, No I have not, to which software are you referring to? When I click "open app" for additional settings, it suggests to download "wacomcomponents" which does not exist in the app store and I cannot find it online. Additionally, Dell does not seem to mention installing an additional software (Wacom related or not) in it's user guide. Thank you, your specificity regarding the pen software would be helpful here.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 7th, 2019 05:00

Have you installed the software for the PEN?  There should be additional options available beyond what Windows allows.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 7th, 2019 13:00

Yes, go and download and install.  When it finishes and reboots there should be a Wacom entry on the apps listings.

This is a recent change, prior to a recent update the Dell version just installed and ran.

No Events found!