Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

8 Posts

January 15th, 2019 16:00

Power button not working when unplugged

I just bought a xps 15 9570, sometimes the power button fails to turn the laptop on, and I need to press it few times before it boots, this happens more often when the charger is not plugged in. I updated bios but didn’t work. Anyway to fix it, I’d hate to return it after everything. Any advice would be appreciated.

39 Posts

January 15th, 2019 21:00

您好, 建议您可以尝试在关机的情况下,拔掉充电器,然后同时按住键盘上的 Ctrl 键和 Esc键,再接上充电器,看是否会提示窗口,建议选择第一个默认选项点击下一步到完成,看是否这样能正常开机,以便确认是否是开机按钮导致的问题

• 

16.7K Posts

January 16th, 2019 04:00

Bourbon87,

Problem.

This may occur when you press the power button to power off the system while unplugging the AC adapter from the system, or you press the power button to power on the system right after you place the system into a S4(hibernate) or S5 (shutdown) power state.

Solution.

There is no hardware failure with the system.

Dell engineering is aware of this issue and working toward the solution.

As a short-term workaround solution, follow the steps below to recover the system:

1. Shutdown the system (Press and hold the power button on the system until the system completely powers off.)
  2. Unplug the AC adapter from the system and wait 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the AC adapter and then power on the system

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

8 Posts

January 16th, 2019 18:00

@DELL-Jesse L wrote:

Bourbon87,

Problem.

This may occur when you press the power button to power off the system while unplugging the AC adapter from the system, or you press the power button to power on the system right after you place the system into a S4(hibernate) or S5 (shutdown) power state.

Solution.

There is no hardware failure with the system.

Dell engineering is aware of this issue and working toward the solution.

As a short-term workaround solution, follow the steps below to recover the system:

1. Shutdown the system (Press and hold the power button on the system until the system completely powers off.)
  2. Unplug the AC adapter from the system and wait 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the AC adapter and then power on the system

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

Thank you for the response, but like I said most of the time this problem only occurs when unplugged, if I had to plug the adapter to open it, then it won’t be much of a portable laptop, will it?

and then when you mention it happens when I turn it on right after shutdown or hibernation, it’s not entirely my case, the issue occurs even when I leave it shutdown for few hours and then power on.

2 Posts

April 26th, 2020 18:00

Hi, I have same issue,,, did you find solution? 

No Events found!