Highlighted
1 Copper

Pro support escalation steps?

Hi there,

So I had issues with my XPS 9560, heating power jack, sparking sounds, random shutdowns etc., and the tech support identified the issue and raised a service request.

However, despite being on the Pro Support with promised Next Business Day availability, I've been stuck with this issue for over a month at this point. Earlier it was understandable, due to a lockdown in the region, the service couldn't be completed. But, as of today [18th May '20], all the major restrictions have been removed.

And, I've just received this communication from Dell:

"We will reach out to you with further updates on or before 25th May 2020."

I don't see any reason why the service couldn't be attended to today itself, or the latest by tomorrow. And I don't have any way to escalate my complaint as well.

Can anyone help me out with the steps to move forward?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Pro support escalation steps?

Hi, 

I fully understand and unfortunately share your frustration. I, for myself, am also trying to escalate my case with little success (see here).

This being said and to be fair, here in Southern France I did get an onsite next day support (swap of main board) in late April during full quarantine period. But maybe where you live rules are different?

I didn't go that way yet but I guess that exposing your case to a wider audience might get you more consideration (talking Facebook, Twitter and likewise).

Good luck 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

You seem to have suffered quite as well from their incompetent support team, however, at least you're received communication and updates from Dell.

So, just last week (while the lockdown is still in force at my location), I was able to get a display panel replacement for my HP laptop. 

It seems like Dell is just using the lockdown as an excuse in my case.

I had raised the service request over 35 days back, and if this is the level of Pro Support (which claims to offer next-business day service), I don't think I'll ever purchase a dell computer for my business from now on.

Extremely disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi,

I had drafted a reply here but it got marked as spam and was simply deleted. Don't know why, didn't use a coarse language or links, but did indeed mention once the name of another Laptop manufacturer starting with H and finishing with P.

Anyway :

I do fully share your frustration here.

My personal impression about the tech team is not too bad, I did indeed, as you said, get regular answers; however they were often lacking real information. On the other hand they walked through an Audio issue I had quite professionally. So, my personal conclusion is that the tech team is quite ok, BUT that their scope of action and decision is quite limited and as soon as they rely on other depts. trouble starts. Took Dell Quality team over a week to agree on a swap even though the tech team agreed on the need and even legal obligations here where I live don't really leave a choice. No swap units available here in Europe, in case of swap they need to launch a dedicated production. For the swap of the main board I was lucky but from the sounds of the tech team member this is not always the case ("See if we are lucky and have one in stock"). Not to talk about Quality control, hope sincerely for Dell that this is a temporary problem due to current CoVid situation.

I do have over 100 laptops from the other brand in our company and also have issues but after sales has always up to now been painless.

I am actually now ok, the spare laptop was delivered out of the blue (according to tracking still in china) BUT had a dead pixel. As I didn't want to go through the full refund battle or a 3rd laptop, I swapped display assemblies myself between the 1st (broken main board but ok display) and the second (all good but dead pixel) even though one shouldn't have to go this way to obtain with 1 month delay a finally acceptable product.

Good luck to you.

0 Kudos