Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2020 13:00

Problem with driver STMicroelectronics 3d accelerometer

Hi, I'm new in this forum. I recently noticed in the section "device manager" of Windows control panel an alert on the device "STMicroelectronics 3D Accelerometer"; looking up properties of the device I understood that the problem is driver-related. I tried to download drivers from dell site but there are not compatible ones for my PC (Dell XPS 15 9570). The driver I found were for 9560 and 9550 only but I tried them anyway, onviously they didn't work. I don't really know how to get rid of this problem which I think is causing system interrupt to show up on the task manager. Thanks in advance, Riccardo Barbieri.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 4th, 2020 07:00

@riccardoob 

The 3D Accel. is used to retract a Hard Drives Head Stack Assembly in the event of a fall or severe bump.

HDD.PNG

But since SSD drives have no HSA the program is not needed.

You can go to "Programs and Features" and uninstall the program.

Regards,

U2

5.6K Posts

April 3rd, 2020 15:00

I found the Windows 10 driver for it on Dell.com Not sure where you are looking.

April 4th, 2020 06:00

Thank you very much for your answer @U2CAMEB4ME (agree with you about @nyc10036 answer btw, I always try to answer with something that the user posting the question can actually try out). So you say that if I have an SSD I don't need the accelerometer? So I can just uninstall it from device manager

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 4th, 2020 06:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @riccardoob 

This is the driver that should work.

STMicro Accelerometer for Free Fall Data Protection:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=fy0m0&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-15-9570-laptop

If you have an SSD installed you do not need this program and it can be deleted.

Best regards,

U2

@nyc10036 

Thanks again for a useless and unhelpful reply.

Why reply at all???

Thanks, that'll do. I'll accept as solution.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

Your very welcome @riccardoob 

I have an SSD installed and also uninstalled the program.

Regards,

U2

@nyc10036 

I don't feel entitled to anything, I just think that when someone answer in a forum where people ask for help about certain matters, he should do it only if the answer is actually helpful, otherwise he is wasting his and someone else's time. But let's not discuss this further, this type of forum is no such place.

5.6K Posts

April 4th, 2020 08:00

@riccardoob 

"helpful" is in the eyes of whoever is looking at it.

This forum is FREE.

If you find it lacking and want to be spoonfed an answer then this is not the place for you.

1 Message

December 14th, 2023 15:05

@U2CAMEB4ME​  but still want to install it driver

No Events found!