eailman
1 Copper

ResetTocuhPad Problem

When I shut down my XPS 12 it stops the process with waiting for the ResetTocuhPad app to close.  The spelling is as it is given with "Touch" misspelled.  After a few minutes the OS returns to the normal home screen.  If I tell it to shut down anyway it does so with no bad things happening.  This has been happening for over a month now.  Any known solutions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ResetTocuhPad Problem

eailman,

Uninstall the touchpad drivers and software. Reboot the computer and reinstall them in the system. Click the link below to choose your system and download the drivers.

Support.dell.com

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
eailman
1 Copper

Thanks for the reply Jesse.  I uninstalled the touchpad using the device manager and shut down the XPS.  It did not get the error.  When I rebooted it touchpad worked without installing anything.  But the error is still there when I shut down after logging in to my account.  If I shutdown from the login page without entering my password it shuts down without the error.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Pio2
1 Nickel

I have a similar issue with my XPS-12 9Q23 (i.e. the message "ResetTocuhPad App is still running" pops-up and is blocking the shut-down).

I'm wondering if you have installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators update 1709 on your XPS-12.
If not, I know that there is no inter-relation.

0 Kudos
JFW711
1 Copper

I have the same issue and yes I have installed the Windows Fall Creators Update. I don't know how to fix the problem. Any suggestions PLEASE? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Cavitationing
1 Copper

I've had the same problem - it's apparently a spelling error (should be a 'resettouchpad'), which I fixed by getting an update of Dell Quickset for Windows 10. I got it from Dell Drivers and Downloads. 

0 Kudos
Cavitationing
1 Copper

I've had the same problem - it's apparently a spelling error (should be a 'resettouchpad'), which I fixed by getting an update of Dell Quickset for Windows 10. I got it from Dell Drivers and Downloads. 

0 Kudos