Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 17th, 2020 22:00

SOLVED: BSOD: Driver Verifier DMA Violation with TB16 Docks or Nvme Crashes

I have solved this error and more errors with what Im about to give you all.

This goes for XPS15, XPS13, Vostro Desktop 3671

You can make a windows 10 Boot Drive on any PC running windows 10.

#1 Backup all your data as this is going to wipe the drive.  IT WILL NOT BOOT.  YOU WIL BE RELOADING

#2 Reboot Go into the Bios and change the SATA Operation from RAID to ACHI

#3 Boot to a Boot Drive and reload the OS.  You will have no more crashes.

20 Posts

May 6th, 2021 08:00

This fixed my TB 16 issues with the dock not updating Dock NVM and Cable NVM drivers when using the Dell Firmware Dock Update Utility. The dock seems to be more stable. Might be worth a try. Update was posted on 5/4/21.

Intel Thunderbolt Firmware Update Popular THIS PC
Chipset 04 May 2021

Add to download list

Category

Chipset

Release Date

04 May 2021

Version

4.26.157.001, A09| 

File Name

Intel_TBT3_FW_UPDATE_NVM26_HG0HC_A09_4.26.157.001.exe

File size

1.79 MB

Description

This package contains the firmware update for the Intel Thunderbolt 3. The Thunderbolt firmware allows operating system to access the Thunderbolt Controller.

5 Posts

June 20th, 2020 23:00

I am getting the exact same BSOD. Can you say if this fix did it for you? Has your XPS been stable with a USB-C hub connected with no blue screens after 24 hrs?

20 Posts

May 3rd, 2021 06:00

I am also getting the same BSOD Driver DMA violation. This did not fix it. You will note that Dell closed a prior 2 year thread on this issue. The TB 16 is a defective product I have tried 5 of the solutions posted and none work. I have a Precision 5510 Workstation that is 2 years old. Dell has no tech support  function anymore and does not  give feedback to engineering and fixes nothing. They told me that because the TB 16 is one year old thus it is out of warranty and they have no responsibility to fix the issue. They also have claimed ever since I bought it that they cannot verify the product (TB 16)with photos of the express tag etc. Finally they told me I need to buy a  new Dell Thunderbolt Dock but sales said none are compatible with the Precision 5510. I agree with other posts really hard to justify buying any new Dell computers their Tech support function is non existent. They don't keep drives up to date and have no internal quality control function and will not be responsible when they manufacture a clearly defective hub like the TB 16. Every tech support interaction starts with level 1 not reading the case history and asking the same questions over and over with no solution.

Terrible lack of quality from Dell and equally bad support. No use even answering their questions anymore. Same loop for months and never a solution. The TB 16 issues have posts going on since 2019.

No Events found!