Highlighted
1 Copper

Screen Mirror XPS 13 to Samsung Smart TV gets me a black screen

Can someone help me with screen mirroring my new XPS 13 to my Samsung Smart TV.  When I try all I get is a black screen on my TV. I have checked and it is set to mirror screen, not extend or the likes.... I am able to successfully mirror both my Microsoft Surface Book 2 and the households Samsung mobile phones. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Thanks for your post

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Screen Mirror XPS 13 to Samsung Smart TV gets me a black screen

How do you connect it? (For example, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB-C to DisplayPort , any adapters or similar)
Does windows recognize that a new display has been connected? I guess it does since the way you write, but anyway, double check this with your lid open: Right click the desktop, choose "Display Settings", you should see a heading called "Rearrange your displays" at the top. Also check this: Scroll down, click "Advanced display settings", make sure both your laptop display and your Samsung TV is in the dropdown under "Choose Display".

Also double check sure computer does not go to sleep while closing lid, press win-key, type lid, choose "Change what closing the lid does". Choose do nothing on that page that comes up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Screen Mirror XPS 13 to Samsung Smart TV gets me a black screen

Screen Mirroring via Windows 10. "Connect to a Wireless Display". Yes both Windows and the TV recognize they are connected and Yes the laptop is on the "allowed" list of connection devices on the TV. My lid is open and neither the TV nor the laptop are asleep. The devices are both connected under "Advanced Display Settings" and the TV is set to Duplicate the laptop screen.

0 Kudos