Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

22 Posts

April 7th, 2019 12:00

Sending Files via bluetooth from Xps 8930 to Xps 13 9350 and vice versa

Hello,

I am trying to connect my XPS 8930 desktop to my XPS13 9350 laptop via bluetooth but I am getting a driver error. When I go to the device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark against the Human Interface Devices > Bluetooth HID Device.

When I try to update the driver I get the message 'Windows encountered a problem etc etc (see attached screenshot)

Any advice on applying a fix for this would be greatly appreciated, many thanks. 

Screenshot (3).png

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 7th, 2019 16:00

Uploaded images are initially visible only to Dell moderators and the person who uploaded them until they get “approved” by the moderators, but in the meantime, you didn’t specify which system you’re encountering this error on. That might be helpful info. Also, your Bluetooth adapter should appear by its device name under the Bluetooth section of Device Manager. A Bluetooth Human Interface Device likely refers to a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse you paired with that system at some point, and a problem with that would not by itself prevent your system’s Bluetooth adapter from pairing with other devices.

Additionally, transferring files of any meaningful size over Bluetooth is going to be EXTREMELY slow. If you’re picturing technologies like AirDrop, those work by using Bluetooth for discovery and then Wi-Fi Direct for the actual transfer precisely because Bluetooth is so slow. Windows 10 1803 has a “Nearby Sharing” feature that I believe works this way if that’s what you’re trying to use, though. But in the meantime as a workaround if you need to get these files copied asap, assuming both systems are on the same network you could just enable traditional network file sharing that’s been around in Windows for decades, or use an intermediate device like a flash drive or external hard drive.

No Events found!