Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

59 Posts

February 22nd, 2021 22:00

Similar experiences? Worst laptop quality of any device I've had Dell XPS 7390 2-in-1 my experience with Dell

I'm going to keep this as succinct as possible since I've already wasted countless hours with the support team, which to say the least is possible the worst support I have received on such an expensive product. Issues within 1 year. Below is a brief chronological timeline: Hardware issues: 1. Battery swollen and looked at the point of it exploding. 2. Speakers completely not working due to motherboard issue, probably related to battery swelling problem. 3. After like 3 different calls, technician comes to replace the battery and speakers. 4. Technician is so sloppy and careless that he damaged the front panel and left a massive dent and didn't install the front panel correctly, so it didn't sit flush. 5. Technician comes again to now replace the motherboard and front panel that he damaged. The front panel installation again was not fully seated, and I had to explicitly request him to take care of it.... apparently he had to snap it in before it was seated correctly. 6. Approximately 2 weeks after the fan on the left side of the laptop I think has fully died. It created an extremely high-pitched crackling sound and then a sudden shut off of the fans. I now have to contact Dell again for them to fix this faulty machine, for 3rd time. Let alone the other software problems that I had to deal with in my 9 months of ownership. Has anyone else been surprised at the remarkably poor quality of these "premium" devices? This is my first Dell laptop and now my last as I figure out what the heck to do with this doorstop. I'm at wits end, Dell won't refund or replace the machine, and my frustration has reached its limit. Surely, I cannot be the only one who has been sorely disappointed with such quality. Are there any consumer protection policies to protect consumers from such terrible quality that is now forcing me to spend another 1000k plus that I saved for this device and have no way to recoup? In addition, I don't understand why the Dell CS team has been so resistant to replacing a likely dud device? My experience with Surface products has been night and day to Dell. I once had an issue with and old Surface device, and I was in and out of the store in 30 minutes with a brand new machine (which was in fact a newer model than the one I had). The contrast between the two companies is shocking. I've been sorely mislead by reviewers on YouTube on 'quality' of such devices. I do wish I could somehow get a refund for this device. Many thanks.

• 

25K Posts

February 23rd, 2021 16:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

No Events found!