Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2020 06:00

Slow WiFi speeds on xps13 9300

I'm experiencing slow download and upload speeds on my new xps 13 9300 notebook compared to my other devices.  Around 25 to 35 mb download compared to my iPhone or iPad that has a typical download speed of  119 mb. All drivers are current, however, reading so many other forums including this one with similar issues I do  not hope for a fix using the Killer wifi card.  Any suggestions.  I do not have dropped connection at this time, just slow dn load speeds.

Thank You

PS:  Using both 5G and 2.4 with similar results

6 Posts

March 15th, 2020 09:00

All is well now.  Re-installed windows by doing a complete wipe.  Speeds now up to par

Edit.  I had issues with the speed of my wifi so all I did was make a recovery usb drive and completely wiped the system and re-installed windows.  This some how caused the wifi to work.  I did uninstall the Killer software and drivers first than the reinstall.  Nothing else to post about this issue but did find it interesting that just a wipe of the drive did the trick.  Oh well.

117 Posts

June 8th, 2020 23:00

I had slower than normal upload speeds on the XPS 9300 as well. Turning off “Advanced Stream Direct” in Killer Control Centre seemed to fix it for me.

For more stability fixes, go to the Killer website and download the following:

(i) Killer Control Center uninstaller

(ii) Killer Wi-Fi driver package (without control center)

(iii) Killer Bluetooth driver package.

Run the three programs in order and you should get a more stable Wi-Fi experience on the 9300.

10 Posts

June 8th, 2020 10:00

This is not really a good solution!

No Events found!